Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MCK code for Galaxy S10

techfactor
4: Newbie

I am a business customer with vodafone and was trying to get my office landline sim working with no luck. Unprofessional vodafone customer service personnels gave me couple of wrong NUC codes and the phone is currently demaning a MCK code in order to enter any new NUC code. Which means trying any new NUC code is currently blocked by the network / device.

Vodafone says they got nothing to do with this and it needs to be done by Samsung being the manufaturer. Samsung on the other hand says we don't provide such services to end user but Vodafone have access to a system from which they can generate or get it from us and pass it to you. However, it is the responsibility of Vodafone being the network provider as the issue is network related.

Unfortunately, Vodafone customer service personnels have no idea what this MCK code  (Unfreeze code) is and giving out continous false information and instruction. One technician even claimed NUC is the MCK code and forced me to try that way as well.

Meanwhile, there are websites out there providing MCK, NUC and required codes for little as £15 within few minutes. I don't want to buy anything as such to keep my warranty but left in dark because vodafone dosen't know what is MCK is and neither have any idea what it does.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards.

IMG-4889b.jpg

36 REPLIES 36

Hi @Josh here starts another problem. I asked the same question with the customer relation expert who called me on Monday 24th August and she said, the last day of the so called useless 10 working days waiting ends on 3rd of September.  You are here with a different explanation!

I give my consent to discuss everything in public as there is nothing to hide. You guys must first learn to have a common system and stop providing false information based on assumptions.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@techfactor If the timescale was just 10 days she would've been correct, but as it's working days; the date you were given was wrong. Working days are typically Monday-Friday (Excluding Bank Holidays). So given it's Bank Holiday Monday soon, your request may even take up to as far as 10th September (as that Monday wouldn't be a working day). 

In regards to you giving consent or not, I can't discuss the account specifics with you over a public platform due to GDPR. This isn't something you can consent to or not, private data is kept secure by law. The date I gave wasn't an assumption, it was calculated from the date Tash had posted to you added with the amount of working days as mentioned above. For an exact date and more information on the call listening query, you'll need to contact us further on Social Media where it's private and secure to do so. 

@Josh, this is how vodafone is messing up with customers. According to the last one who called me back from escalation (Call reference: 1-IIHLW5XS), A request for MCK has been made on 20th August and I should receive the code by 3rd of September the latest.

However, you're with a different explanation and as I noted in my initial post this is the standard of Vodafone in this decade. 

Further, I repeat this is not something that needs to be discussed in private. Those who read would easily understand that you guys are just playing around. I've given the call reference number for you to verify what I am saying here.  Meanwhile, same code in discussion here can be obtained by paying a small sum of money within minutes. 

You guys are doing this to a customer who's been with you for so long and have three business line !!  I don't want to see another moderator apologising and say @Josh was wrong. VODAFONE in 21st century!!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @techfactor - we escalated this for you on 23 August which would make the 10th working day 7 September.

If you don't receive an email with your code by this date (including in any spam or junk folder) please reply back to our latest message on social media where we can raise this directly with the dedicated team and chase it up for you.

@Tash, as you can see there are multiple dates given here its because VODAFONE has no standard! Is there a way I can leave this rubbish company immediately?

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@techfactor Multiple dates have been given on here, because we have no account access on the forum; so it's hard to see when the exact date was that this was escalated. I believe @Tash has somehow found this for you now and given the exact date this should be provided by. Because we're still within our service level timescales and we've provided a date (07 September 2020), there's no valid reason we'd have to make your contract null and void.

@Josh, Thank you for agreeing that contents posted here by the so called vodafone moderators are based on assumptions but nothing. Therefore, there is no point on wasting time here. But, people come here and get in touch via FB / Twitter thinking these are alternative and quick ways to contact vodafone and get their problems solved. SHAME!

To the defenders of VODAFONE....

3rd September has gone past and 7th September has gone past as well.... Vodafone is still unable to provide me the MCK code to reset my phone, which got locked due to vodafone giving me wrong NUC codes.

I want to hear from thie forum defender champions and wondering what they have to say !

Its 11th of September and all the moderators have gone in to hiding because they have no answer! This is where vodafone stands in this modern era. They were trying to fool me over with assumptions here on the forum and finally gone in to hiding.

Can some one come out and tell me where I can complaint about vodafone?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @techfactor, have you received an update from the team via email? There's been a slight delay with the team at the moment, meaning any codes are now sent in 14 working days. This will have taken you to the 11 September - have you now been sent the master code? Please ensure you check any spam or junk folders if this doesn't appear in your inbox.