main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

NUC code not working

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a Samsung S7 that I used to have my Vodafone account with and I wish to unlock it to other networks so I can give it my Son.

I have a NUC code, but it doesn't want to work. Looking around the internet, I assume I also need a MCK code (Unfreeze PIN/Code).

How do I go about getting one? As I can't find anything on Vodafones help pages. Thanks

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I got this sorted today........with NO help from Vodafone.
After waiting over 2 weeks from my original request for the MCK code (I got the NUC on the 23rd June) I decided to give up on getting done at all for free and paid £14.99 for the details from an on-line service I found on Google.
Requested and paid at 1:32pm today, I got all codes required at 2:20pm.
Yep, waited 3 weeks, and going somewhere else it took less than an hour and sorted.
Simple follow the instructions on the website of the unlocking service and all done.
Nice to know at least one company somewhere actually cares about customer service.

View solution in original position

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can get you the MCK Mastercode @Keif 

May I assume the alternative sim card is activated i.e connects to mobile data etc.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Thank You, will message them though social media.

Yes the SIM card is activated

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

No worries @Keif 

Perhaps link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

All the best.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

I got this sorted today........with NO help from Vodafone.
After waiting over 2 weeks from my original request for the MCK code (I got the NUC on the 23rd June) I decided to give up on getting done at all for free and paid £14.99 for the details from an on-line service I found on Google.
Requested and paid at 1:32pm today, I got all codes required at 2:20pm.
Yep, waited 3 weeks, and going somewhere else it took less than an hour and sorted.
Simple follow the instructions on the website of the unlocking service and all done.
Nice to know at least one company somewhere actually cares about customer service.

View solution in original position

View more options