Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC code not working

Keif
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a Samsung S7 that I used to have my Vodafone account with and I wish to unlock it to other networks so I can give it my Son.

I have a NUC code, but it doesn't want to work. Looking around the internet, I assume I also need a MCK code (Unfreeze PIN/Code).

How do I go about getting one? As I can't find anything on Vodafones help pages. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I got this sorted today........with NO help from Vodafone.
After waiting over 2 weeks from my original request for the MCK code (I got the NUC on the 23rd June) I decided to give up on getting done at all for free and paid £14.99 for the details from an on-line service I found on Google.
Requested and paid at 1:32pm today, I got all codes required at 2:20pm.
Yep, waited 3 weeks, and going somewhere else it took less than an hour and sorted.
Simple follow the instructions on the website of the unlocking service and all done.
Nice to know at least one company somewhere actually cares about customer service.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can get you the MCK Mastercode @Keif 

May I assume the alternative sim card is activated i.e connects to mobile data etc.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank You, will message them though social media.

Yes the SIM card is activated

BandOfBrothers

No worries @Keif 

Perhaps link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

All the best.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I got this sorted today........with NO help from Vodafone.
After waiting over 2 weeks from my original request for the MCK code (I got the NUC on the 23rd June) I decided to give up on getting done at all for free and paid £14.99 for the details from an on-line service I found on Google.
Requested and paid at 1:32pm today, I got all codes required at 2:20pm.
Yep, waited 3 weeks, and going somewhere else it took less than an hour and sorted.
Simple follow the instructions on the website of the unlocking service and all done.
Nice to know at least one company somewhere actually cares about customer service.

What website did you use as I feel I may try this now. 

Cheers!

Hi Keif,

I am having the same problem. Sold my phone on ebay with the nuc code but now this is not working and buyer is requesting an mck code. I have tried to contact Vodafone but they have not been helpful. Funnily enough I found the same website you recommended and pointed the buyer in that direction. Will they also send a new nuc code or will they use the same nuc code vodafone provided?