Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC

Clementmenasce
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

ive requested a nuc code on the 20th Feb. This is absolutely appalling that I have not heard anything. It's been 6 weeks now. How come a 10 day turnaround is becoming a 6 week issue? 

thanks, 

clement

13 REPLIES 13

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Clementmenasce 

If this is an iphone, there won't be a code, the phone is unlocked on Apple database.

It only takes Apple a maximum of 30 day to process the unlock and they have probably completed the process and all that now needs to be done is to put the alternative SIM in the phone or synchronise to your itunes account to complete the unlocking process.  You should have a message come up on the screen that the phone is unlocked.

I have just tried putting an alternative SIMand the message of SIM not supported comes up time and again 

BandOfBrothers

@Clementmenasce wrote:

Hi, 

ive requested a nuc code on the 20th Feb. This is absolutely appalling that I have not heard anything. It's been 6 weeks now. How come a 10 day turnaround is becoming a 6 week issue? 

thanks, 

clement

What model of phone have you requested to be unlocked to all networks @Clementmenasce  ?

Have you recieved an automated email response from Vodafone accepting your unlock request ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

the model is an iPhone 8. 
ive received the email indeed on the day. But nothing since. One month is an unacceptable customer service. 

@Clementmenasce wrote:

ive received the email indeed on the day. But nothing since. One month is an unacceptable customer service. 

@Clementmenasce 

As Vodafone have no direct access to unlocking an iPhone they have to request to Apple to unlock it centrally from their Database so there's no actual Nuc in relation to iPhones.

Vodafone email you saying they've accepted your request but the iPhone isn't typically unlocked at this stage.

It's out of their hands as Apple themselves complete the request.

Apple wouldn't speak to you I'm afraid.

This can be from a few days to around 30 days.

It's  down to Apple themselves.

Periodically Inserting an active alternative network sim card should complete the unlock. Hooking up to iTunes may help but that's not always necessary.

Current Phone  >

Hi, 

thanks I get that but it's been way more than 30 days. So I'm not really sure if Apple has done anything there 

Unfortunately it's not an exact timeframe.

With the current COVID-19 pandemic this could be affecting Apples turnaround.

So I would suggest checking with customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  to check the status of the unlock.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

@Clementmenasce wrote:

Not fair @Clementmenasce  We are in the middle of a World wide pandemic, Vodafone actioned and sent the request to Apple immediately and sent you an email confirmation, Apple are probably looking after their staff just as much as Vodafone and any other company.

the Uk has been on lockdown since Monday.  That would have been 30 days then. The US is pulling a lockdown from this week. This is absolutely wrong to use a pandemic as an excuse for a poor service. I don't think it's of any ethical  nor moral grounds to use it. Absolutely unfair on your side to treat me with such disdain