Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need an MCK/Defreeze code

Paulj364
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. I recently switched from Vodafone to Virgin. When I put the new SIM in my phone it requested a PIN, which I wrongly thought was the PIN that came with the SIM. I know realise that it was actually asking for a NUC, which I requested from Vodafone and now have, and have no reason to think is incorrect.

However, because I entered the wrong code too many times, I now require a MCK/Unfreeze code, as others have advised on this forum. I tried contacting the Vodafone team on twitter and was eventually able to talk to someone. She advised me that she'd contact the unlocking team and as it was a friday, she'd get back to me on Monday. On Monday there was no response. On tuesday I messaged twice and was eventually told that I'd need to reenter security details, which I had already done. Nevertheless I restated the details and waited....still no response. I have now messaged on twitter two times since and still no response.

What can I do? It seems like this is a very common problem on here and yet there Vodafone seem to have no idea what to do about it. My phone has been unusable for over a week.

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Paulj364 We're extremely busy through our social channels recently and it's taking us a little longer than usual to reply to everyone. Rest assured we will get back to you about this. If we've not already replied to you, pop us another DM containing a link to this thread and your community ID and we'll get this chased for you.