Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Connect Router Queries - Apple Mac and printer server on router

Laudy
1: Seeker

Hi.

I am trying to set up an Apple Macbook to the printer  i have connected on the USB port or the Vodafone router. I have no problem setting up a PC to connect to the share but cannot figure out what I am doing wrong when setting it up on the Mac.

Anyone have any ideas?

Is the Mac even compatible with the router's print server?

11 REPLIES 11

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

For more help sychronising your router with your Macbook and printer @Laudy, please see our router user guide.

would help if the link to the user guide actually worked as I have exactly the same problem!!!

Typical of vodafone sending you all round the houses to find an answer!

I'm sorry about that @GreystokeHouse. Please use our online router user guide to help getting your connection up and running, if there's anything else we can help with, you know where we are.

The router (WIFI HUB) is fine (it's the 5th one you've sent out to me since February), but I've attached our printer via USB which can be seen when I log in to the router itself, however my iMac and my daughters' MacBook can't connect to it - its exactly the same problem as has been mentioned in the original; post,  which is not covered in the user guide, which is a different type of router than the one you've sent us.

Hey @GreystokeHouse 

So just to confirm, other devices work with the printer just not the Apple devices? 

We only have Apple devices, so its a bit of a problem!

Hey @GreystokeHouse 

Download the printer model software drivers from your printer manufacturer, specifically for MAC OS, sometimes there’s a find printer function in the app suite that comes as part of the driver software package.

The drivers will be installed on your mac once the software has been opened and installed. If you're unable to connect to the printer following installation then please continue to follow these instructions to setup a direct IP connection to the printer.

First enable the printer sharing on the Vodafone router.

1. Connect the power adapter to the power interface on the rear panel of your Vodafone Broadband Complete and plug the power adapter into a wall outlet or a power strip.
  2. Connect the PC to any of the four LAN interfaces on the rear panel of your Vodafone Broadband Complete by using the provided PC/ LAN cable.
  3. Connect the USB cable of the printer to the USB port on your Vodafone Broadband Complete.
  4. Launch the web browser on your computer and enter http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar to access the management interface for your Vodafone Broadband Complete
  5. Enter the username (vodafone by default) and the password (vodafone by default) in the displayed window, and then click OK.
  6. Choose HOME NETWORK > Printer in the navigation tree to display the Managing your shared printer page.
  7. Select Enabled to enable the printer function. Enter the printer name and the printer model in the Printer Name and Make and Model text boxes respectively.
  8. Click OK to save the settings.

Next on your Apple computer click the Apple symbol top left > Go to System Preferences > Go to Printers and Scanners > Click IP > Enter 192.168.1.1:631 in the top address field > Leave the protocol as default.

Let us know how you get on with that 🙂

Still doesn't work. 

I've ordered a long USB and will be taking the carpets up when it arrives so I can connect.

Hey @GreystokeHouse, I'm sure we can get this sorted for you. The steps @GemmaP provided look to be right. When you followed them, did you receive any kind of error message or notification?