Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia 130 NUC Code Error

zhzaidi14
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was provided the NUC code from Vodafone for my Nokia 130 handset but I am receiving error message when I try to unlock the phone. 

23 REPLIES 23

I have single sim phone and when I enter the code as instructed the screen pops up 'code error'. 

Nokia 130 Phone from Vodafone PAYG has a single sim slot. 

As mentioned previously HMD Global Oy phones Nokia should have a prompt that pops up when you insert a non accepted SIM on a network locked phone. 

18 months ago after receiving an unlock code from  a Swiss network provider I managed to unlock a network locked Nokia 3310 3G 2017. The phone was made by HMD Global Oy (Nokia)

On vodafones website in which I’m banned from providing the link...
How to use your NUC (Nokia selected)

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Insert a non-Vodafone SIM
  3. Wait for the SIM Unlock screen to open
  4. Type in your NUC and press enter

It seems to me that either the phone is hard locked to Vodafone or there is a software error on the phone. 

All the help that Nokia can give me is to return your phone to the place of purchase for a replacement. 

The other methods that have been described to unlock Nokia phones refer to older phones that were not made by HMD Global Oy when the Unlock code was generated as an algorithm of the IMEI and network code. These were #pw+unlockcode+X#. They were either 10,15 or twenty digit unlock codes and had different “x” levels of code. On Vodafone “x” was one. 

Maybe Vodafone could reach out to HMD Global Oy. Find out the problem and work out a resolution?

Hi @Fascinatingfact 👋 Thanks for that information, I have raised this issue to see if we can get any more clarification regarding the process of unlocking these phones, if I get any new information regarding this I will update the thread here.

I have tried all the methods provided by Vodafone and so far still not able to unlock my Nokia 130.  We are just going round in circles and nothing has been done to solve the issue.