Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia 130 NUC Code Error

zhzaidi14
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was provided the NUC code from Vodafone for my Nokia 130 handset but I am receiving error message when I try to unlock the phone. 

23 REPLIES 23

Its been 4 months and still Vodafone has failed to provide me the correct unlocking code and I am just stuck with this phone and regret buying this from Vodafone. 

Poor customer service and no definite answer except standard replies every time.  

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Fascinatingfact @zhzaidi14 I'm sorry to see this is ongoing for you both. We're keen to resolve this! If the network unlock codes (NUCs) you've both been provided aren't working for you, we'll need to escalate this further.

The steps to unlock the phone would be as follows, however if you've already tried this I'd advise disregarding the steps as attempting this again can cause your phone to be permanently locked. In those cases, the phone can only be unlocked by the manufacturer (Nokia).

1. With the Vodafone SIM card inside the phone, key #pw+NUC+7# 

(The p w and + symbols are found by keying the * key twice for the + symbol, three times for ‘p’ and four times for ‘w’. NUC will be the code you were provided)

2. The screen should then display “SIM restriction off” which means it's unlocked

I understand you've mentioned you've followed all methods to reach out to us, however I'm unable to locate your messages to us with your Community username or the link to the thread here. If your complaint has been raised to our Complaints team, we may not be able to intervene with their case as they're the highest point of escalation. We'd be able to ensure all processes have been followed correctly and advise further.

So we can take a closer look to resolve this, please include your Community username when messaging us on Facebook or Twitter along with a link to the thread. We'll be able to get to the bottom of this for you.

Hi

its the fact that your unable to enter the supplied NUC code into the handset. 

from what I gather HMD Global Oy (Nokia) handsets are unlocked by inserting a non accepted SIM card into the phone and then entering the supplied code from the network provider. 

When you insert a non accepted SIM into a Vodafone PAYG Network SIM locked Nokia 130 you are greeted with a sim error message. 

HMD Global Oy (Nokia) state that there unable to assist and I need to contact the service provider. 

vodafone director complaints have stated that I need to contact the handset manufacturer (HMD Global Oy). 

Vodafone Director Complaints have ignored my requests for Vodafone UK to reach out to HMD Global Oy directly to work out a resolution. 

As a result it maybe a possibility that if anybody needs to unlock their Vodafone Nokia 130 handset they will be disappointed. 

Seems to me that Vodafone doesn’t want customers?  I will be glad to take the £50+ per month spend elsewhere. 

the complaint has been escalated to ADR (CISAS)

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for clarifying @Fascinatingfact - I'm disappointed to hear you've had to escalate this even higher. I can assure you that we do want to help.

If you would like us to make sure that all NUC checks have been carried out by the team, please don't hesitate to drop us a message on social media so we can see what's been advised on your account. If you do, make sure to include your IMEI and mobile/account number within the direct message.

It seems really strange that even though the complaint has been escalated to director complaints they don’t want to help. 

it’s a Vodafone branded handset and customers are reaching out saying there’s a problem with the product. 

The sensible thing to do would be to accept responsibility and work with the manufacturer to resolve the issue. 

So once my business and consumer contract is finished I’ll go elsewhere pay them £600+ a year over a complaint on a £8.99 phone 😂

Hi @Fascinatingfact, we'll need you to contact us through one of our social channels so we can take a closer look into this and get your NUC sorted. Pop us a message and we'll get this picked up for you.

I’ve got the NUC for the Nokia 130 phone. But there’s no way that you can enter it on the phone?

We have tried all these failed tricks and nothing works. The issue needs to be resolved as lot of us are suffering who have bought this device from Vodafone for the worst experience 

Hi

Unfortunately that process doesn’t work for Nokia Phones made by HMD Global Oy. 

I'm sorry to see there are so many of you struggling to unlock your handsets. To help us get the correct information for you, can you confirm if the versions of the phones you are trying single or dual SIM.

As dual SIM handsets have 2 IMEI's (one for each SIM slot). Are you sure the NUC you're using is connected to the slot you're trying to unlock? If you still have the box both the phones IMEI numbers will be printed on the side, along with the slot they're connected. If you have the correct code. The steps advised in the thread @AnnS posted should work.

When the NUC fails, did you see an error message? If so, what was this?