Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia 2.3 unlocking

taiyeoresegun
3: Seeker

I bought Nokia 2 3 from Argos clearance sale 2 or 3 months ago locked to vodafone  all effort to unlock is proofing abortive  its like the imei number is not on vodafone database . What can i do pls anybody???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi all on the platform 

After 30 days on PAYG i moved pay monthly then i asked by filling the form from my local vodafone store and the response by email after 2 days was that i did not purchase the phone from Vodafone so vodafone can not unlock. 

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

taiyeoresegun

I bought Nokia 2 3 from Argos clearance sale 2 or 3 months ago locked to vodafone  all effort to unlock is proofing abortive  its like the imei number is not on vodafone database . What can i do pls anybody???

Hey @taiyeoresegun I hope you're well. Have you been using a Vodafone SIM in the phone for at least 30 days? If not, you will need to do this in order for us to unlock it. 

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@Steph 

I thought the 30 day stipulation had been removed with the new stipulations being the phone was supplied by Vodafone and it's not been blacklisted ?

The 30 day stipulation has also been removed from the Nuc form questions.

@taiyeoresegun 

You could look at using a reputable online unlocking site or Highstreet Shop that advertises they unlock phone's for a fee as a last resort.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers If the phone is purchased from us directly, either online, over the phone or in a Vodafone store then it no longer needs to be used on the network for 30 days. As @taiyeoresegun got the phone from Argos, the IMEI won't be recognized on our systems. By using a Vodafone SIM in the phone for 30 days, we can then manually request an NUC for the customer as a means of escalation. Typically now the advice is that if it isn't brought from us directly, we aren't able to unlock it which is why the question has been removed from the form. 

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for this clarification @Steph 

Much appreciated.

So we can now confidently advise people if they didn't buy direct from Vodafone UK they can still have it unlocked by Vodafone Uk as long as they use a Vodafone sim in it for 30 days. 

That's excellent news and important advice for future posts.

Current Phone  >

Well i hope that will be it after 30 days

Thanks

I'm sure we'll all look forward to your update in good time @taiyeoresegun 

Current Phone  >

Hello,

Did you manage to unlock the handset?

Hi all on the platform 

After 30 days on PAYG i moved pay monthly then i asked by filling the form from my local vodafone store and the response by email after 2 days was that i did not purchase the phone from Vodafone so vodafone can not unlock.