Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S6 Unlocking

spockpretty
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

My wife has an old Samsung S6 which is years out of contract with Vodafone. Both myself and my wife have been with Vodafone for a long time. We want to give the phone to our niece but it's locked to Vodafone and after submitting a NUC request and waiting 5 weeks for a response, they have come back back and said they can't issue the code unless we put a Vodafone SIM in the phone for 30 days to prove ownership. This despite the fact that phone is bought and paid for and a long time out of contract and it was bought from Vodafone through their website so we can prove ownership without using a SIM. I refuse to buy a SIM just to satisfy this ridiculous requirement and we are both so disgusted with Vodafone that they are preventing us using a phone that belongs to us (which we can prove, and is years out of contract) that we want to move away from Vodafone and switch to a new provider.

But we would still like to give the phone to our niece. What is the best way way to get the phone unlocked? I don't mind paying a small fee, as long as it's not to Vodafone!!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Simon

0 REPLIES 0