Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S6 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

NeilHepworth
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I see lots of people having the same problem as me and just wondering how best to get the phone MCK/Defreeze code?

The problem arose when I transferred my S6 to my daughter who is not on Vodafone, when we entered her SIM it requested a SIM network pin, not knowing what this was I tried various pins and eventually managed to lock that dialog and now get

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

Eventually figured out that the original prompt was for a network unlock code but too late as phone know locked and needs what prompt calls "SIM network PUK" which is very unfortunate as each time you phone customer services they either

1. Suggest you enter the NUC - which you cant because that option is now blocked by the earlier mistakes.
  2. Tell me to contact the SIM provider as the SIM is blocked and needs a PUK to unlock it - which isnt true as SIM works fine in other phones - I have tried and it doesnt work - suspect just poor terminology  by Samsung would have been better not to request SIM network PUK when they really want the MCK/Defreeze/Master Control Key

Anyhow, now I know I need to enter the MCK/DEFREEZE code first and then enter the NUC.  But obtaining the MVK seems to be causing me and other posters problems.  What is the best way to do this, customer services told me to go to a shop (see this doesnt work for most people), contact customer services (dont know what the error is about), use nucresolutions (10 days and still waiting for their response),  only reliable way seem to be getting it unlocked by 3rd party provider but dont see why Vodafone cant sort quickly!

Any thoughts on who best to contact/phrasing to use to get them to supply this code?

Cheers

Neil

51 REPLIES 51

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @NeilHepworth

You need the Vodafone PUK code for the number originally used with the phone, the code is obtainable by contacting Customer Services or using live chat.

When you have access to the phone, to prevent it locking again, it might be an idea to factory reset the phone before using the NUC provided by completing the form below.

Unlock Phone

Thanks Ann.  Phone is only locked to none vodafone SIMs, ie. phone will not allow access to other SIM networks and works fine with my Voda SIM.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NeilHepworth I'm sorry to hear you're having problems unlocking your phone. So we can help you further, please contact us via the link in the Private message I've sent.

Thanks Mark - filled in the form as requested - looking forward to your reponse.

Cheers

Neil

Dont know if you helped things along Mark, many thanks if so.

For others, do persist with the Vodafone support team and nucresolutions eventually they will sort you out.  It has taken me just over a month in total to resolve!  Firstly I got the NUC code from nucresolutions, unfortunately I had already blocked the NUC entry dialog by entering the wrong code too many times.

Not sure what the official name is so requested then requested the 'DEFREEZE/MCK/Master reset code',   Maybe with Mark's involvement they passed the request onto Samsung 15 days later.  And finally after another 6 days a code came back via nucresolutions.

To use it, put the non vodafone SIM in, switch on 

• at the "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK" message enter your DEFREEZE/MCK code, that reomve the lock and NUC entry
  • you are back at the prompt for "Enter SIM network PIN", you can now type in your NUC and hey presto the phone is no longer network lock 🙂

Hope this helps you get your phone network unlocked a little more promptly than me!

I have spent hours with their online chat discussing this but had not luck.

I've emailed NUC Resolutions, but they dont understand either.

I've replied a few times and now waiting for a new reply.

Hopefully they finally get it and do something to help.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear that we weren't able to resolve this for you when you spoke with us on Live Chat previously @Israr786.

Should you need any further assistance with your code, please follow the details provided in the private message I've sent to you. A member of our team will then be in touch.

Hi there! 

I've got exactly the same stuggle here and looks like the DEFREEZE/MCK code is my last hope!

Neil, thanks for prompt explanation! :Smiling:

Vodafone team,

Can you please assist further? 

P.S. I do have the unlock code!

MarkF
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Stephen007 @Magdalena123 It's disappointing to hear you're having some issues getting your phone unlocked.

It's good to know both of you already have your NUC's. 

So we can investigate further, I've sent you both a private message with details on how to get in touch. Please complete the form enclosed and one of the team will be in contact.