Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S6 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

NeilHepworth
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I see lots of people having the same problem as me and just wondering how best to get the phone MCK/Defreeze code?

The problem arose when I transferred my S6 to my daughter who is not on Vodafone, when we entered her SIM it requested a SIM network pin, not knowing what this was I tried various pins and eventually managed to lock that dialog and now get

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

Eventually figured out that the original prompt was for a network unlock code but too late as phone know locked and needs what prompt calls "SIM network PUK" which is very unfortunate as each time you phone customer services they either

1. Suggest you enter the NUC - which you cant because that option is now blocked by the earlier mistakes.
  2. Tell me to contact the SIM provider as the SIM is blocked and needs a PUK to unlock it - which isnt true as SIM works fine in other phones - I have tried and it doesnt work - suspect just poor terminology  by Samsung would have been better not to request SIM network PUK when they really want the MCK/Defreeze/Master Control Key

Anyhow, now I know I need to enter the MCK/DEFREEZE code first and then enter the NUC.  But obtaining the MVK seems to be causing me and other posters problems.  What is the best way to do this, customer services told me to go to a shop (see this doesnt work for most people), contact customer services (dont know what the error is about), use nucresolutions (10 days and still waiting for their response),  only reliable way seem to be getting it unlocked by 3rd party provider but dont see why Vodafone cant sort quickly!

Any thoughts on who best to contact/phrasing to use to get them to supply this code?

Cheers

Neil

51 REPLIES 51

Hi ,

Unsure I'm posting in right section , but I'm having the exact issues mentioned in the above posts.

It's been roughly 38 days since I've been in contact with vodafone through NUC emails .

I've received my NUC code put cannot access this due to needing the MASTER CODE I've contacted vodafone through numerous emails requiring this code with no success .

I'm hopeful you guys can help me out .

Regards,

Michael 

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Mich2177 I'm sorry to see this has been going on for as long as it has. We're more than happy to help. Please send us your details via the private message I've sent you. 

Hi Vodafone,

I am having exactly the same problem as above. My husband manage to complete his network change but mine has proved difficult. 

Could you assist me with unlocking my phone.  Looks like I will need one of those codes please. 

Thank you

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @gbrandle we're more than happy to look into this for you further. So we can access your account, please send us your details via the private message I've sent 🙂

Hello,

I am having the same issues - Can Vodafone please assist? I need to use my handset ASAP. 

I have a NUC code already but my phone is showing the "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK" message. 

I have emailed NUC resolutions but I need a MCK code. 

Thank you.

Umair

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @umzz87 if you've emailed the NUC team directly, this is what we do on our side anyway. How long ago did you send the email?

Hi Adam,

I have received a couple of replies from the NUC resoilution team and they are still trying to get the "correct" code.

If I am honest, I don't think they are understanding the problem - which is that I need an MCK/NCK code and not just a NEW NUC code. 

Can you help?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ivorhall @umzz87 - I’m sorry to hear the issues you’re both having with getting your phones unlocked.

We can escalate this to our Network Unlock team (they'll understand the codes you need).

So we can do this, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Hi,

I am going through the same issue and I feel like I am being palmed off by a team who do not know, or try to help. I am getting increasingly frustrated.

Im sure one of the moderators will pick up soon to assist, process fairly quick once they are on the game and they have handled many similar queries historically so they know what they are talking about 🙂