Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S6 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

NeilHepworth
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I see lots of people having the same problem as me and just wondering how best to get the phone MCK/Defreeze code?

The problem arose when I transferred my S6 to my daughter who is not on Vodafone, when we entered her SIM it requested a SIM network pin, not knowing what this was I tried various pins and eventually managed to lock that dialog and now get

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

Eventually figured out that the original prompt was for a network unlock code but too late as phone know locked and needs what prompt calls "SIM network PUK" which is very unfortunate as each time you phone customer services they either

1. Suggest you enter the NUC - which you cant because that option is now blocked by the earlier mistakes.
  2. Tell me to contact the SIM provider as the SIM is blocked and needs a PUK to unlock it - which isnt true as SIM works fine in other phones - I have tried and it doesnt work - suspect just poor terminology  by Samsung would have been better not to request SIM network PUK when they really want the MCK/Defreeze/Master Control Key

Anyhow, now I know I need to enter the MCK/DEFREEZE code first and then enter the NUC.  But obtaining the MVK seems to be causing me and other posters problems.  What is the best way to do this, customer services told me to go to a shop (see this doesnt work for most people), contact customer services (dont know what the error is about), use nucresolutions (10 days and still waiting for their response),  only reliable way seem to be getting it unlocked by 3rd party provider but dont see why Vodafone cant sort quickly!

Any thoughts on who best to contact/phrasing to use to get them to supply this code?

Cheers

Neil

51 REPLIES 51

Hi, I am having the same issues and been back and forth with Vodafone online chat and samsung to no solution.

Can a moderator please contact me so I can get this resolved.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sure we'll be able to resolve this for you @pugilist555. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I've sent.