Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Understanding of a sentence

TarekPharaoh
2: Seeker

We CANNOT provide an unlock code for hardware not provided by Vodafone UK or from our deader (CPW)

does it mean that Vodafone Provides NUC to CPW or not

9 REPLIES 9

TarekPharaoh

I just need your interpretation of this sentence what would you understand from it that Vodafone does provide NUC to devices from CPW or not

Hi @TarekPharaoh 

I think the wording on the unlocking form isn't clear enough to be honest.

Carphone Warehouse don't supply locked phones anymore so the example they give needs updating. 

Vodafone kind of come across that if you didn't buy the phone from them then they won't help.

Well as independents such as CPW and others don't have the tools to unlock a phone to all networks then the network the phone is locked to has to help.

And Ofcom are making networks supply phone's unlocked out of the box which is about time.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/mobile-firms-banned-from-selling-locke... 

The time and trouble some have experienced with unlocking phones and the time it's taken up on Vodafones agents and systems part must be huge.

I've known people have to resort to using a reputable unlocking online site or shop that advertises they unlock phone's.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

TarekPharaoh

We Can not provide an unlock code for hardware not provided by Vodafone uk or from our deader CPW)  

i just want to know from my sentence whether its true or not .

does it mean that Vodafone provide nuc or not if u ur device from CPW based on my sentence 

We are customers like you replying at the moment. 

Please wait until a member of the Vodafone Social Media Team's reply.

They have the Vodafone badge on their name.

All I can see is what they officially state on the unlock-code-request. 

Unfortunately, we can't unlock your device if you didn't buy it directly from us, for example, from Carphone Warehouse."

Going by that the answer would be No in my understanding as as fellow customer.

Are you experiencing issues with unlocking @TarekPharaoh  may I ask ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

i do understand that they dont but i have a debate with someone that this sentence means that they dont provide NUC to CPW but i say based on the sentence i say yes they do but i know that in reality, they dont 

this is the sentence 

We Can not provide an unlock code for hardware NOT provided by Vodafone uk or from our deader CPW)

Carphone Warehouse don't sell handsets locked to a specific networks with exception to early iPhones. Apple wouldn't allow any retail outlet to sell an iPhone unlocked to all networks, and if you wanted one you had to purchase direct from Apple or an Apple retail store.

If you have one of the early iPhone models purchased from Carphone Warehouse then it will be locked to the first network it was used on. Only the network can request it be unlocked, not Carphone Warehouse! There is no unlock code to enter, a request must be made by the network to Apple to have the restriction lifted on Apple's servers. So I can understand your confusion regarding Vodafones response above.

Oh, it's worth mentioning that the Three network also made it difficult to unlock phones. They refused to unlock any handset unless the original purchaser made the request and it had to be a Three supplied handset too! No wonder OFCOM stepped in and banned the locking of handsets, networks were taking the p***!!!

TarekPharaoh

i want to know what does this sentence mean 

does this sentence mean that Vodafone do provide NUC to devices from CPW or No

I know they don't provide nuc to devices from CPW so please answer from what u understand from the sentence not from what you know

here's the sentence 

We CANNOT provide an unlock code for hardware not provided by Vodafone UK or from our deader CPW).

It clearly states within the sentence that you posted several times that they do not.

There, you had your answer. 👋

Hi @TarekPharaoh, if you visit the NUC page on our website it states 'We can't unlock your device if you didn't buy it directly from us, for example, Carphone Warehouse'. You can find more information by visiting our page here. If you're still unclear, please tell us what you're trying or wanting to do and we'll do our best to help 👍