Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock mobile wifi device R218h

Muddi_Boots
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have mobile broadband device R218h and an unlock code.  Where do I put the unlock code as when following the instructions on connecting device to laptop w with a new sim, it does open the vodafon e page but does not ask for unlock code and their is not option i can see anywhere to enter this code. All i get is a message saying sim not detected.  I have tried all ways and can't find it, any suggestions on where to find it.

15 REPLIES 15

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Muddi_Boots

I replied to a post asking the same question yesterday, this link will provide your solution.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-OS-Unlocking/Unlocking-a-mobile-WiFi-device/m-p/2605348#M66004

Thanks for your reply but I have followed all the instructions and I do not get any information asking for the code or any where to put it.  

AnnS

Hi @Muddi_Boots

Clear all your cookies and PC cache, close down the browser and try again, it should work.  You might also need to remove and replace the device you are trying to unlock.

I'll give it a go and let you know. Thanks

Hi, I have just gone through the whole process as per your instructions and I still do not get an option to enter the code anywhere. It just takes me to the vodafone mobile WiFi page and get message below

• Mobile Wi-Fi information
     Sim not detected
    PIN NOT STORED
    Disconnected
  • Mobile Broadband connection status

I am still unable to unlock the mobile wifi device R218h, I have done everything suggested so far, cleared browsing history, cache, reset my device, even tried a different computer, and different web browsers, but as soon as a put in the 198.162.0.1 in the browser it opens up the vodafone login page and there is nothing there regarding entering the unlock code.

Any suggestions, this is pure frustrating, and to be honest I am not surprised it isn't there.

As I can not get it into the heads at Vodafone that this is a mobile device as they still keep trying to ring me on it and send me text messages.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Muddi_Boots We're happy to take a closer look at the issue you're having when trying to unlock the device, please can you attach a screenshot of the page you're seeing when following the advice from @AnnS ?

Attached is the screenshot.

Hope you can help, I've just spent the last 20mins on chat with vodafone re this and they directed me to this video, 

Bharat : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRaMGXfaKqc

which has a totally different layout to mine as you will see from the screenshot and there is no option to complete the IPV4 or IPV6 boxes.

I have managed to sort out the problems.  It is quite unbelievable and simply.  My vodaphone sim card is a large one with a bit you can poke out.  I never poked it out and just put in the large sim.  By accident it the small bit of the sim fell out and I put in my device and I got the message sim not detected.  So ah ha, I then put my other sim in the carrier of the vodaphone and yey it worked and my device seems to be unlocked.  

So basically what I am trying to say is you need a big sim for the device to work.