Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock my iPhone X

Doganmert94
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I am from Turkey and I am using iPhone X in Turkey (from UK Vodafone)
My iphone's have simlock.
I can't using Vodafone sim or another operator. 
I am using only Gevey microchip and Vodafone card. 

I watched the video Vodafone did the instructions there, but I'm using my number so different Turkey line.
how can I unlock my phone?

16 REPLIES 16

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Doganmert94 

The information is on this link:  Unlock My phone 

You don't mention where you purchased the phone.  If the phone was preused on a monthly contract, the original owner would need to make the request.  Otherwise, you will need to have used the phone with a PAYG SIM on the network in the UK for 30 days.

Probably you easiest solution, would be to take the phone to somewhere in Turkey where they provide an unlocking service.  Though chargeable, you would then be able to start using the phone with your Turkish SIM.

My phone was purchased from vodafone UK and I got the phone from my uncle No invoice available...

I entered the link you provided. I filled the form there but I don't have a UK number so I couldn't enter the number correctly. But My IMEI Number ok. Just I don't have UK phone number. Just Turkish number.

AnnS

Hi @Doganmert94 

If your Uncle had the phone on a monthly contract, he will need to complete the form with the Vodafone number he had at the time.  Unless you are in a position to use the phone in the UK with a PAYG SIM for 30 days, you won't be able to complete the form.

Your easiest and quickest solution will be the second paragraph in my first reply.

@Doganmert94 Vodafone Turkey can't help, they are a separate company and network.  The phone is locked to Vodafone UK and won't work with a Vodafone Turkey SIM.

I called Vodafone in Turkey. They asked me to mail me where I got the phone. The phone is out of warranty. I pay monthly line but I have Vodafone Turkey line. I don't know exactly what to do. Vodafone told me to email me to England in Turkey. I completed this form too, but I don't know if it will be resolved. 

My phone is working now, but I have a microchip and vodafone card inside. But when I remove the microchip, I get the sim card invalid error. It doesn't work with Vodafone either.

Can't I solve my problem without the UK number? Is that number a must?

The operator of my device appears AT&T 40.0

It says so "about the device."

Do I have to use it like this?

I called Apple. They also told me to send mail to Vodafone.

@Doganmert94 

You need Vodafone UK to request the unlock to Apple which they will only do if your uncle fills out the unlocking request form.

Apple won't be able to help you to unlock an iPhone that's been locked to Vodafone UK.

If your uncle can't / won't fill out the unlock form for you then your options are....

Send the iPhone to someone you know in the UK and they use a Vodafone Payg sim card in the phone for 30 days making calls etc, and they request its unlock. And then send it back to you.

Or use an Online Site that unlocks iPhones or try a Highstreet Store where you live that advertises they unlock iPhones.

Or sell that iPhone and use the funds to buy a phone that'll accept your sim card.

The fact is Vodafone UK cannot help you with this.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you very much for your answer. It was very revealing. Unfortunately I do not know in England.

@Doganmert94 wrote:

Thank you very much for your answer. It was very revealing. Unfortunately I do not know in England.

You're very welcome.

I'm sure you'll find a way forward.

Take care @Doganmert94 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi again,

I will ask a few questions; 

Do I need to use the 30-days UK Vodafone line on my iPhone?

Or will we just buy a vodafone line?

Do I have to use it on my own phone?