Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking Help

paulrichy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Vodafone Smart X9 VFD 820, I have an old simcard in which seems to have been switched of as its not been active for over a year. I have put a gifgaf card in it comes up with "This device is Networked locked, contact your service provider for the Network unlock pin to unlock". As the simcard number has been turned off is it still possible to unlock this phone so I can move it to another network? I would be grateful on any help on this, I have the IMEI number but with the simcard been turned off is this an issue, thanks in advance...  paulrichy

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @paulrichy 

A Payg sim is now turned Off after 180 days of inactivity but can be asked to be re activated within a relatively short period of time. The econnection window is 90 days.

However all you need to do is fill out the Nuc request form using your previous account details as long as that sim was used in that phone.

unlock-code-request form.  

There will be 2 requirements to Unlock a phone via Vodafone UK .: 
• The device was purchased from Vodafone
• The device is not currently blacklisted.
All other requirements will be removed.
Due to Ofcom rulings all phone's will come unlocked out of the box from December 2021.
See … https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/mobile-firms-banned-from-selling-locke...

If you get any issues because of the time frame of usage i.e the phone's Imei has dropped off Vodafone systems then my advice is to either …

1. Pick up a new Vodafone Payg sim and use that in the phone making a few calls etc for a couple of days so the phone's imei latches to the accountthen use that new account details on the Nuc

Or

2. Use a reputable online unlocking site which would come at a cost levied by the site you choose to use.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @paulrichy 

This is what you do: 

• Order a free SIM here: Free SIM Top it up with a small amount and make a few chargeable activities.
  • Complete the unlock code request form with the new number.
  • When you receive the code type *#7525*01# this will bring up the unlock menu, followed by the NUC code, the phone will then be unlocked, Vodafone phones are simple with only having the one lock.