Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking an old iPhone 7

Joshjelf
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have an old iPhone 7 that I want to unlock from Vodafone so I can use it on EE 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Joshjelf 

As you are using an Apple device the phone will already be unlocked as confirmed here: Unlock your phone 

All that needs to be done is to insert an alternative network SIM and synchronise to itunes.  Any problems speak to the Social Team here: Contact Us 

I have tried inserting a sim and it says network not supported so that is incorrect

AnnS

If the phone is still locked it may be due to the phone not having  recently connected to the network.

Speak to the Social team and they will advise  accordingly. 

BandOfBrothers

Just adding to my reply.

Another option is to use a reputable online unlocking site or a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phone's ( if they are open ) but obviously this would come at a cost levied by that site or shop.

It's just a suggestion which you may use or disregard @Joshjelf 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Joshjelf - Thank you for trying what you have so far! If your device is still locked after syncing it with iTunes, could you follow the link @AnnS has provided above to contact us on social media so that we can look into this for you 🔍 Make sure to include the IMEI of the device and your mobile/account number when dropping us a message.