Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking Vodaphone Account

Laurakate
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have been trying to unlock my phone from the Vodaphone network and make it open to other providers and I am having a nightmare time of it.

I originally applied online at www.vodaphone.co.uk/nuc which when completed said the unlocking would happen up to ten days later. I waited and this never happened. After ten days I contacted vodaphone and was told on to seperate occassions that I had to complete the online form and so I completed it again (and again). Still nothing happened.

Fast forward 11 phonecalls to vodaphone in which I was given mutliple advice. The most recent was to contact Carphone Warehouse as they had not registered my IMEI number and as such Vodaphone could not unlock the phone as they had to send the IMEI number to Apple.

I contacted Carphone Warehouse who (quite rudely) told me this was incorrect and that it was always the service provider and all Carphone Warehouse did was sell the phone.

Back to Vodaphone who told me I was misinformed by Carphone Warehouse....back to Carphone Warehouse who, thats right...told me I was misinformed. 

I am now at a complete loss at what to do. I have provided Vodaphone (5+ times) with the IMEI number and to no avail. I have spoken to the manager at Carphone Warehouse who has reiterated the statement that they can not unlock the device. 

Vodaphone point blank refuses to let me speak to someone in more authority who isn't simply reading from a script.

What do I do now? They only logical step I see is to contact legal advice or take it to the Judge in the newspapers!!

Any help would be most welcome!!!

30 REPLIES 30

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Shomayoun We can help with unlocking your phone for you. Please send us a message over Facebook or Twitter and we'll work to get this resolved for you. Please ensure to include the following:

- Your full name and mobile number

- The IMEI of your iPhone 7

- A link to your post and your Community username - you then won't need to repeat yourself and we can help quickly