Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

account log in problem

capnbirdseye
3: Seeker

We have two mobiles with Vodaphone and decided to take broadband and landline which is being installed via open reach on Oct 4th. We are currently with Virgin.  The problem is we cannot get into our Vodaphone account as it was made a several years back and we can't remember the pin. We keep passwords etc in a book and we have the user name and memorable word but not the password or pin.  I follow the  'lost password' details and it sends me a temporary code but it instantly says account locked, try again in 30 minutes.  I tried using the bot which asked for our mobile and then confirmed our username and again gave a temporary password which ended up with " account locked"  etc. So how the heck can I log in to our account as we tried this on different days to no avail?

6 REPLIES 6

Jason

Hi @capnbirdseye. It's disappointing to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your My Vodafone account. We completely understand how concerning and frustrating this must be. To make sure that we're on the same page, did you order home broadband through your existing Vodafone account, or did you set up a new one? 

Hello Jason,

Hello Jason,

we used our existing account as it gave us an additional small discount 

Thank you for the clarification @capnbirdseye. The reason I asked is because if you opened a new account for your broadband, your online account won't be accessible until the service is activated. Nonetheless, it sounds like we may need to reset your online account. 

As we don't have access to your account via the Community, can you please pop a message over to our Social Media team? To save time explaining the situation, feel free to add the link to this thread onto your social media message. 

Thank you Jason, I have now added my problem on Vodaphone Facebook page

capnbirdseye

At last we can see our account,  the Facebook team were amazing and arranged to have the account cleansed and deleted so I could make a new account with new user name etc and all the details magically reappeared on the new account.  I read of others having dire problems with account cleaning but ours went through perfectly, many thanks to Vodaphone staff here and on Fbook

Hey @capnbirdseye, great to see that you've managed to get your online account working again! Thank you for your kind words about our Social Media team too. 

Thanks