Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking a huawei R219h

SeaChelle
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi everyone, I tried to unlock my huawei R219h using my NUC code but I cannot find any instructions to do it. 

I followed the instructions in the email, but in the Vodafone manufacture drop down box there is no R219h. I tried speaking to someone on Tobi, after an hour and a half the technician couldn't help me and asked me to wait for a "revert email" 

Does anyone have any idea where I could type in the NUC code? Connecting to the mifi through USB and logging into it I couldnt find anywhere to type in the NUC code. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, SeaChelle 

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You could  try the steps in Unlocking-a-mobile-WiFi-device  @SeaChelle 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

BandOfBrothers

Let us know how you get on @SeaChelle 

I hope the  link I added steers you in the right direction to help which is what we are all here for :Winking_smiley:

There are a few more existing posts that you can find on the forum via a forum search that includes help replies by members of the Community.

Also a Google Search may yield further help.

Be sure to remove the Vodafone Apn's from the device when it's unlocked to add the new one's so it works on other networks.

Best of luck.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

@BandofBrothers thank you for your quick reply!

Unfortunately, I tried this and it did not work. When I connect the MyFi to my computer it shows up in my devices, opening a web browser and going to 192.168.0.1, this only allows me to log into the router. There is no where to type in the NUC code. Once logged into the router, there is also no where to type in the NUC code.

AnnS

Hi @SeaChelle 

Try the steps here

How to use your NUC

1. Make sure your device is fully charged or connected to a power supply
  2. Reset the device
  3. Insert your new network SIM card
  4. Turn the device on. It will display Invalid SIM
  5. Connect the device to your PC or laptop using a USB cable
  6. Open an internet browser and type 192.168.8.1 in the address bar
  7. When prompted, enter your unlock code and choose Apply

Taken from How to use your NUC 

Hi Ann, I have tried those steps exactly how to mentioned, unfortunately when I type in 192.168.8.1 it automatically redirects me to 192.168.0.1 with a message that says "Internet disconnected, restart your device"  and then a button that says go home that takes me back to the router login screen. 

BandOfBrothers

@SeaChelle 

how-to-unlock-vodafone-r216-4g-mobile-wifi-hotspot-router. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Hello BandofBrothers, I followed through those instructions and under part 5 I logged into my router, found advanced settings but "SIM settings" does not show up as an option to click. 

BandOfBrothers

Ok @SeaChelle 

So now I'd suggest either further Google Searches and to contact Live Chat  or ring 191 or contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries I'd suggest Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username and they'll be able to officially advise.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

I will do that, thank you very much for your help and quick responses. 

Wish you all the best, SeaChelle