Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking instructions not followed

Johnymac
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Received Network Unlock Code and Master Code to unlock Samsung phone. The instruction were to enter Master Code then Network Unlock Code. Like a fool I just put in the Network Unlock Code and it said it was successful and seemed to work but after a day I realised that the new sim was not regeristering on the network. A vodafone sim works fine. No message appears so it seems the phone is unlocked. I can get the unlock dialog up with the code *2767*3855# and tried the Master Code to no vail but then again I can put any number into this dialog and it will say ulock successful. I have also tried a factory reset.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Are you able to try another completely different network sim card in the phone to see if that initiates the unlock sequence @Johnymac 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes I have a gifgaf and a ee SIM which when inserted it says there is no SIM card inserted. The ee SIM is new and have just fully activated it if there is such a thing by putting some credit on it but the phone still says there is no SIM inserted.

BandOfBrothers

Seems you have tried everything you can via trying other alternative activated network sim card(s),  and a factory reset.

If this was my situation I'd look at visiting a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre just to have the phone looked at to make sure its not hardware related.

They won't be able to help with the actual unlocking as they can't with branded phones.

A Vodafone Highstreet Store wouod only be able to send it away.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Johnymac 

It might be worth trying Android Recovery Mode, this may solve the problem and enable you to enter the master code followed by the unlock code you have been given.

If you use Google, you will be able to find full instructions and information on how this can be done and how to get out of recovery mode, it's easy to do by holding the Power+home+volume up keys and keep holding until the Andoid logo shows  the phone restarts and you enter recovery mode. 

@AnnS Been there done that. That is how I did a factory reset. Unfortunately this does not work. As stated previously I can put any number in the unlock dialog and it will say unlock successful. I am not the only one with this problem - https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/Unlocking-problem/td-p/2643699 - I don't know if this guy got a resolution.

AnnS

Hi @Johnymac 

The poster on the linked thread didn't seem to find a solution.

My recommendation would be to contact Samsung support where you will be in direct contact with a Samsung advisor through a live live chat, email or calling option.

Samsung Support 

Samsung also have there own forum so worth a try. Samsung Community 

Hope you find an answer.

Strangest thing just happened. I have had the phone switched off all day with the ee SIM in it. I have just switched it on and it connected to to ee for about 10 seconds and then came up with no SIM card inserted.

Update

I left the phone switched off again for a few hours and when switch on it registered on the ee network and has stayed connected now for about 4 hours. I will try my normal O2 sim in it tomorrow.

Update 2

It is still not right. After a few hours it will fail and say no sim. I put in the O2 sim and it connected for about 2 seconds and then did the same as before and wouldn't register on the network although with this sim it never says that there is no sim inserted. And again a Vodafone sim works fine.