Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking my phone

gigati1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Here is the story I purchased a second hand iPhone which is locked to Vodafone in november , the lady I bought it from confirmed to me that unlocking code is in progress and it will take up to 10 days which she sent me the emails from vodafone . Two months later still locked I contacted customer service and they advised that I should purchase a pay as you go and use it for 30 days which i did for 40 days and now everytime I request the unlocking it says in progress im frustrated very bad customer service can't contact the unlocking team cause they don't have a number 

what should i do in that case ? Wait another 3 months?

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @gigati1 

The reason you are receiving that message is probably because Apple have processed the unlock and all that now needs to be done is to put an alternative network SIM in the phone to complete the unlocking process. When this has been done, a message will come up on the phone screen to confirm the phone is unlocked.

Please refer to these following previous threads for examples on the procedure to unlock an iphone. The forum search facility where you can ask your question, will give further examples and help and advise.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/iPhone-XR-Unlock/td-p/2638669

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/unlock-iphone/td-p/2621611

I did try another sim but it keeps saying sim not supported it means the phone is still locked 

BandOfBrothers

When you used your own sim for over 30 days in the iPhone making calls etc and then requested the unlock I assume you've not recieved a confirmation email from Vodafone saying they have actually accepted your unlock request @gigati1  ?

Just the one saying it's in progress ?

You say " everytime I request the unlocking it says in progress " that suggests you have requested more than one unlock via the online form which can look like fraud if a request is made too many times.

I'd suggest to speak with customer services on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to check the status of your unlock request.

Until you get a confirmation email from Vodafone UK its probable it won't unlock as Vodafone wouldn't have probably asked Apple yet as its Apple that ultimately centrally unlock it.

Let customer services check with their systems and the Nuc department and advise you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

i did receive an email saying we will unlock your phone within 10 working days but nothing been done

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @gigati1 , when you put the new SIM into the device, did it show any options for you to set up iTunes or continue with any form of log in details? When an iPhone is locked, you need to connect to iTunes and let it sync up, this in turn will unlock the phone.