Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking phone

irchyk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have received unblocking code from Vodafone but it doesn't work, what can i do? Customer service is not helpful.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Which make and model of phone are you trying to unlock @irchyk  ?

How-do-I-use-my-nuc. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

it is Samsung S6

BandOfBrothers

Vodafone have started supplying phone's already unlocked out of the box to be inline with the new ofcom ruling from December 2021.

Have you tried an activated alternative network sim card already ?

So with some Samsung phone's you may also need a Mastercode MCK also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc. This us available by asking customer services or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

I have tried to contact someone via messenger, no reply. i am going in circles currently, very frustrating. it should not be so hard.

BandOfBrothers

Please try not to get frustrated with this @irchyk 

The Vodafone Social Media Team's will reply as soon as possible.

Or try Live Chat or call 191 and ask specifically for the Mastercode. 

Current Phone  >

Live chat - bot doesn't understand the question - and Social Media team doesn't reply :-(. I called customer service 191  and was told it is nothing to do with them, it is manufacturer,  and suggested to complete the form requesting PUK again - I did and received the same PUK number again. I have no idea what Mastercode is and how to enter it; phone wit the new SIM is asking for PUK number.

Who can help me to get the Master key? no-one in Vodafone seem to understand the issue with unlocking. 

BandOfBrothers

Hello again @irchyk 

I've seen the same circumstances where a phone is asking for a Puk which I think is because the phone is getting confused as to what's happening with it.

Where-do-I-find-my-PUK-code states > " You need a Phone Unlock Code (PUK) to unlock your phone if you've entered your SIM PIN wrong three times. "

Unfortunately as there is no account access via this forum you cant be helped from your posts here. Only Vodafone customer services via the routes can help.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams will reply. 

Perhaps try contacting them on Twitter and Facebook.

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so that you are not having to repeat yourself. 

They may need to check the current Nuc that's been issued and if necessary issue another.

A Mastercode is an additional code that goes with the Nuc supplied by Vodafone that completes the unlocking sequence of some Samsung phones. There are other posts on this forum about the same topic that may help you understand.

Samsung wouldn't be able to engage with you themselves in connection to a network locked phone.

Vodafone have a duty of care to support you with unlocking your phone.

Current Phone  >

Does anyone know how to escalate the issue with unblocking/Master code? No-one seem to understand what it is, can't speak to anyone at 191(keep cutting me off as robots don't understand Master key) , BOT doesn't understand 'Master key' in live chat, so frustrating, after 20 years with Vodafone I think this is the end of it, awful customer service and no help. They keep referring to the online form, which I done twice, but this is not what I need. Running in circles. This is unacceptable.