Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

phone not listed for unlocking with my NUC - Nokia TA-1019

djaerff
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My phone not listed on the Vodafone pages for unlocking with my NUC - Nokia TA-1019.

Can I use this method:

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Insert a non-Vodafone SIM
  3. Wait for the SIM Unlock screen to open
  4. Type in your NUC and press enter

In that case, where is ENTER key on a button phone?

8 REPLIES 8

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Thanks for your advice.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on my Nokia TA-1019

@63johnw wrote:

Hi @djaerff  not sure if this will help?

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Where-do-I-enter-my-NUC-code-on-a-Nokia-130/m-p/263511...

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you're having getting your phone unlocked @djaerff. I've emailed our NUC team, to see if they can shed any light on this; I'll get back to you as soon as I hear anything. 

TJ

Please try the following @djaerff and let me know if this works:

1. With the Vodafone SIM card inside the phone
  2. Type ##782# and call
  3. Enter unlock code
  4. Your device is already unlocked message shall be displayed

hI,

AFTER ENTERING THE CODE YOU MENTION AND PRESSING CALL, I RECEIVE 'UNKNOWN COMMAND'

Could it be that this happens because I'm in Norway and my Vodafone SIM cards don't work abroad?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for any confusion @djaerff We're unable to gaurantee your NUC will work whilst your abroad. You'll need to follow the steps advised whilst being connected to a UK network.

Hi

I have exactly the same problem. I tried what said about entering the code ##782# and it says "done" and then says unknown command. I am in the UK and I also got the unlocking code (Nuc) from Vodafone. What do I do?

Also when I put a different sim into the phone (Nokia 130 - TA 1019) it says "SIM not valid. Enter a Valid SIM into Sim 1 slot". I can access the keypad/enter numbers etc but when I tried entering the code it just says code error.

What do I do?

AnnS

Hi @Nashuddin27 

You are missing a 0.  Try  ##7820# to bring up the unlocking menu, this will be followed by the unlocking code Vodafone have provided.

Hope it works for you.