cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G Data not working for longer than 5 minutes.

LukeLister98
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all.

This is kind of my last resort as nothing else seems to work.

for the last 6 months+ I have had an issue with my IPhone XS regarding my data. (I have unlimited data in my monthly plan)

my mobile data works for a maximum of 5 minutes at a time before it stops allowing me to have access to 4G / Internet. To fix the issue I have to turn airplane mode on and off again only for my data to work for a maximum of 5 minutes once more.

I have contacted Vodafone regarding this who advised me to reset my APN settings, reset my Network settings and provided me with a new SIM card. All of which has failed and not solved the issue.

I am looking to upgrade my phone over the next 2 weeks but am very worried the issue will persist with a new IPhone & I will be stuck in a 24 month contract with the same ongoing issue.

would love any advice 

-Luke

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @LukeLister98 

I can appreciate how frustrating this must be.

May I ask a couple of questions  ?

• Does this issue happen in one particular area or everywhere  ?
  • Have you tried your sim card in another phone as a process of elimination  ?

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter DM and Facebook Messenger can access your account too to help.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Also try hooking up the iPhone to iTunes on a computer to see if there are any updates needed.

The Apple forum may have similar posts that can help along with performing a forum search here.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi.

it happens in every location I am in.

I have tried my sim in another IPhone and that seems to solve the issue so I believe it may be an handheld issue.

-Luke

Yes so your sim card works fine in another phone which takes Vodafone and their sim card out of the equation.

Are you able to visit an Apple Genius Bar in an Apple Store @LukeLister98 

They'll know their hardware and software better than anyone else.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.