Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch e sim swap

LeeBfc
4: Newbie

ok so yesterday I suddenly got no service in my iPhone after webchats they refreshed network settings that seemed to work. Then last night realised my Apple Watch wasn’t connected to my iPhone thinking this was due to issue yesterday I called c/s this morning and they said they needed to do e sim swap to get my watch connected.. it now shows that it is connected with the green dots on the watch but I’m unable to make calls on either my iPhone or watch although I can receive them also can access data.. I understand it can take up to 24 hours to fully swap but does this happen?? Didn’t think it would impact me making calls on my iPhone please help!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After 4 webchats and 2 conversations with tech  I’m now able to make calls but just from my phone on my Apple Watch it says connected and shows the signal bars but not able to make calls then I get this never seen before message on watch app anyone seen this before?? 

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

garetc
12: Established
12: Established

You'll need to contact Vodafone customer services to get help with this.

Usually a SIM swap should take 24 hours.

After 4 webchats and 2 conversations with tech  I’m now able to make calls but just from my phone on my Apple Watch it says connected and shows the signal bars but not able to make calls then I get this never seen before message on watch app anyone seen this before?? 

I am in the same boat. The Apple Watch says it is connected to the network but when I turn my iPhone on airplane mode and try making a call with the Watch, it doesn't work. 

Hey @BarretK So we can get this sorted for you, please drop the Social Media team a message here 🙂

Hi

My watch has dropped its mobile connection.

It shows no sim, no connection. I tried a sim swap using the Vodafone app, and left it 24 hours but that hasn't helped. 

What do I try next?

Hey @PowGZ, If you're still having issues with the connection of your watch, please reach out to our Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter. They'll be able to go through some troubleshooting steps to help get your watch connected again. 

An "eSIM swap" typically refers to the process of transferring or switching the mobile carrier service from one eSIM (embedded SIM) to another on a device that supports eSIM technology, such as the Apple Watch.

With the eSIM functionality on the Apple Watch, you can have cellular connectivity without the need for a physical SIM card. Instead, the eSIM is embedded within the device, and you can choose to activate cellular service from a supported carrier directly through your Apple Watch settings.

Here's how you can perform an eSIM swap on your Apple Watch:

1. Check Carrier Compatibility: Ensure that the carrier you want to switch to supports eSIM for the Apple Watch and provides service in your area.

2. Prepare Information: Make sure you have all the necessary information, such as your account details, plan type, and activation code from the new carrier.

3. Activate New eSIM: Open the "Watch" app on your paired iPhone. Go to "Cellular" and then "Add a New Plan." Follow the on-screen instructions and provide the required details to activate the eSIM with the new carrier.