Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch will not connect

JJM2019
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm so frustrated I am thinking of sending my Apple Watch back and cancelling my mobile number. Despite 4 long calls to Vodafone support, each time basically resetting my watch and iPhone settings, my watch still won't get connected. I was supposed to have 3rd line support call me - did not. 

this is bound to be an issue with the network rather than my watch or phone - which is what Apple support says. I have spent £100 on accessories and bought Apple care. 

the latest suggestion is go to the shop- but how can they help me with the network setup? And this will be me taking hours off work. 

I'm just fed up hearing the same from 1st line support!! Any suggestions would be really helpful. 

20 REPLIES 20

@TJ wrote:

Hey @alanodlin - nothing should stop you from getting the most out of your Apple Watch. 

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

I don't use Facebook or twitter. 

So here we are on day 5 and still no cellular connection on my watch!

same lies and rubbish being spouted by advisers on chat and on the phone!

time to email Nick Jeffery I think

Now being told that the EID number on my account was wrong despite giving it to every adviser I have spoken to over the last five days! Now being told to wait for the "sim swap" to take place which has been placed as "high priority" and should be done within 24 hours! Surely it's just a case of inputting the number into a computer??! 

You really couldn't make this up! What a farce!

email to directors office sent!

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you don't have either of our social channels @alanodlin. Please continue to keep us updated and let us know how you get on with our Directors Office team. 

Sorry to say Directors office no better.  Absolutely no-one at VF knows what to do.  Am able to break contract mid-term becuase of this so encourage everyone else to do this.  You dont launch a product untuil the right department has been trained on it.  Simples...

This is absolutely disheartening that a company as big as Vodafone has been unable to resolve this issue, I wish I had looked at these forums prior to getting an Apple Watch through Vodafone. I have just received my series 5 Apple Watch, and it would seem VF are still experiencing the same issues that they were experiencing well over 12 months ago.

I am unable to activate my data connection on AW Series 5, I've tried restoring and re-pairing Watch as well as switching phone off and resetting network connections. I have had a webchat today and apparently all settings seem to be correct their end, can I visit a Vodafone shop. This is a joke that the same issue is still being experienced and that a company the size of Vodafone have not resolved this issue, I now have little faith that this is ever going to work. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Let's turn this around for you and get your Apple Watch connected to your number @Nabs1980. Please drop our team a message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll get this sorted for you ASAP. By including your Community username and a link to your post, you won't need to repeat yourself and we'll look into this for you quickly. 

Thanks but I resolved this issue myself, although I would suggest proper guidance/instructions for mobile data registration being included in the packaging or by email. 

I am now on week five (no kidding) of the same saga above and dearly wished I had seen this thread as I've had this exact issue and re-paired about half a dozen times, chatted on with the nice (but ultimately useless) Facebook team with many different techs, tried to speak to technical support (for a couple of weeks, couldn't even get a semi-clear phone line to them as they were working from home - presumably using vodafone...). 

On the third (or fourth?) re-pairing attempt last week, I've now also lost use of my mobile as well as something glitched in trying to link the EID and now the mobile doesn't let you pick up incoming calls (I know this is a vodafone issue as I tested the SIM in another phone as well with the same issue).  I've done all the various steps detailed in the email trail above - SIM SWAP on the website, cleared backups, re-pairing, adding/removing Onenumber.

Sadly, I've come to the conclusion Vodafone are trying to sell a service they are in fact incapable of providing...  Completely unbelievable shambles doesn't even begin to describe. 

I was willing to do a bit of a run-around given the COVID challenges for all companies and put in a bit of effort to sort out, but this is beyond the pale.Now I face the long battle of trying to cancel my contract as I've of course gone beyond the "cooling off" period.

SIGH.  Let this be a lesson.  Don't use vodafone.  Not worth the aggravation.

I am now on week five (no kidding) of a saga of Vodafone being unable to pair my Apple Watch Series 5 with my iPhone.

I've now spoken with innumerable representatives via the social media team (Messenger) and telephone calls.  

I've been told variations on a theme:

- you need to unpair / pair (and delete backups) -- about 6-7 times

- the backoffice connection will be sorted in (pick one) 1/24/48 hours as the order apparently cancelled itself (for some unknown reason) -- this has now happened three times 

- your OneNumber account needs to be removed and reinstated  -- at least twice

- you need to enter your EID # on the SIM SWAP page -- at least twice

On the third (or fourth?) re-pairing attempt last week, I've now also lost use of my mobile as well as something glitched in trying to link the EID and now the mobile doesn't let me pick up incoming calls (I know this is a vodafone issue as I tested the SIM in another phone as well with the same issue).  I've done all the various steps detailed in various other threads.

Sadly, I've come to the conclusion Vodafone are trying to sell a service they are in fact incapable of providing...  Completely unbelievable shambles doesn't even begin to describe. 

I was willing to do a bit of a run-around given the COVID challenges for all companies and put in a bit of effort to sort out, but this is beyond the pale.  I have been a vodafone customer for years, but had renewed my contract (foolishly it seems) at the time of adding the OneNumber plan.  Now I face the long battle of trying to cancel my contract as I've of course gone beyond the "cooling off" period.   

By way of comparison, on my first contact with Apple to check it wasn't a hardware issue, I was very quickly elevated to senior tech support in California on the first call (despite all of Apple being on lockdown) and run through diagnostics to confirm it was not a hardware issue (which was expected, since the watch makes calls when on Bluetooth).

x

SIGH.  Let this be a lesson.  Don't use vodafone.  Not worth the aggravation.