Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cloned phone & net secure

davehiltonukfit
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

2198878B-4320-4CD7-8655-C6B8B2CA1DD3.png

  

So I set up net secure earlier and everything worked fine. But it keeps getting deactivated. Now I’ve known for some time my phone has been cloned. I think by IMEI. And I believe that they keep disconnecting it so that they have uninterrupted network access to the device. Can anyone advise? 

2829EAD7-7EC2-4C1D-BBF6-4EC1F4AB17E0.png

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Are you sure t's not your Finder ID that has not been hacked?  The most likely reason for this would be due to you not having 2 factor authentication or a too easy guessable unsecure password.

It is not possible to clone an iphone they have the most sophisticated security, if it was possible you can just imagine the uproar in the US.   Apple will never under any circumstances divulge an ID even to the FBI.

As far as Secure Net is concerned if you have not already done, you need to turn off Private Relay.  See here: Secure Net FAQ's 

Yes apparently by finding out someone’s IMEI number from staff working with mobile service providers… you can clone the IMEI which gives a live version of the phone. They then run it on cloud software like m247.com to share with group members.

I’ve just had a message from Leicestershire police to say I reported a rape a few days ago. Which of course I did not.

They are able to manipulate my location, change settings and upload and download data on the device using an FTP. When using a network scanner such a Fing whilst connected to mobile data it shows their cloud software as the service provider and not 3 or Vodafone. Then on closer inspection with an open port scan, thousands of open ports to my device show up including FTP servers. There should only be HTTP, HTTPS and at a push SMTP for mail.