Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Expired eSIM - iPad

garetc
12: Established

Hello, 

Anyone come across this before? The eSIM in my iPad has 'expired' can no longer connect to the network although it's a valid pay monthly line (no outstanding balance etc). 

Had to go to a store and get a physical replacement, they'd never heard of an eSIM expiring before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@garetc - this isn't something I've come across before. If you'd like us to take a closer look at your account, to see why this happened, please send us your details through Social Media

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @garetc 

No I haven't come across an eSim expiring !

A Pay Monthly sim would only be expired if activated by Vodafone for instances such as non payments or a reported loss of the sim or device it's connected to.

It sounds to me like some form of account glitch has occurred in connection to the eSim part !

This is why they've probably reverted you to a physical sim card.

Perhaps look into converting this back to an eSim if you want to or keep it as a physical sim.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

It sounds like the eSIM was deleted @garetc , you would have been able to redownload the eSIM profile by following this information eSIM support 

Follow the eSIM set up to convert your physical SIM to eSIM here: eSIM help 

garetc

Hi @AnnS,

Thats not correct, if I had deleted the SIM I know the process of requesting a new one. As you can see on the image the SIM is very much still present but shows an expired (when the pic is approved).

My question was to see if anyone has heard of this happening before as I’ve not seen an eSIM on an active contract expire.

EFC3DAD7-4B2B-49B0-96FE-96A946B31301.jpeg

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@garetc - this isn't something I've come across before. If you'd like us to take a closer look at your account, to see why this happened, please send us your details through Social Media

garetc

It's sorted now @Gemma one of the ladies at my local store gave me a replacement physical SIM card.

Didn't need an eSIM in the iPad, would have been concerned if it was my iPhone!