Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I can't connect my Apple Watch 5 to my data plan

DigitalAJD
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can anyone please help???

I have recently purchased my Apple Watch series 5 from Vodafone and when i purchased it Vodafone said i was able to link my current data plan with the watch.

No matter how I try and how many different people I speak to at Vodafone no one can help.

I think I should realise that this is not an easy fix when Vodafone technical department can't even fix the problem.

No one at Vodafone seems to know how to correct error code 2005.

I have swapped my sim and updated the EID and have been assured that this would resolve the issue, but the problem hasn't disappeard.

16 REPLIES 16

It's now four days since i contacted Vodafone via Facebook messenger and still no further ahead. I was asked for my postcode and name on Thursday - which I immediately provided. Then nothing for 2 days. Then this morning I had a message asking for a 4 digit pin that was texted to me, again I immediately replied. And now nothing again. 

it is getting very frustrating. I will be switching to Vodafone broadband from this Thursday, but am having serious second thoughts based on this....

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'll be able to resolve this for you @Riafflew once we get to your message - there may be a delay due to the amount we're receiving at the moment. Have you since had a reply? If not, I can check on this for you - you'll just need to include your Community username in your messages to us to I can track them down :Thumbs_Up:

Yes, I have been speaking to Vodafone on Facebook messenger for about 5/6 days now, usually one or two responses   then 24 hours silence then another message etc. They lost someone said they would try to force pair the phone and watch and to wait another 24-72 hours. Unfortunately I have little optimism that this will achieve nothing based on previous attempts. :Sad_face:

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

As you can probably imagine, we're extremely busy on our Social channels at the moment @Riafflew and I apologise for the delay in our responses. We will get back to you - hopefully with a resolution as soon as we can. 

Did you ever manage to get this sorted?  I’m currently having the same problem!

I can't connect my Apple Watch 5 to my data plan either.  Vodafone told me that it would take 48hrs to sort it out as it's a configuration problem, which I see they have told other customers.  They said it would be sorted out by 12pm 26th November 2020 but still no connection or text to update me.

Never had a problem with Vodafone before, but loosing my patience.

I've been on hold with them today for 1hour and 15mins, just to see if they answer, but looking at the other comments on this issue, I'll be waiting for months by the look of it!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh dear @koronia48. I'm sorry to hear you've not received your usual awesome service when trying to activate your Apple watch. If you're still waiting for this to be completed, pop our Social Media team a message with a link to this thread, along with your Community ID and I'm sure we'll get this sorted ASAP.