Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC code

jcotsen
1: Seeker

Please someone help!! I have been going around in circles and noone can help. I have been given a phone by my brother in law. I want to unlock this and use a cheap SIM card only deal as its for my 11 years old birthday in two weeks. He is a Vodafone customer and filled in all the forms and we have got nowhewre. I really need some help or I am going to have a very sad girl in two weeks time.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @jcotsen

It should have been one form for unlocking that he used his vodafone details on. 

Another way is picking up a Vodafone Payg SIM card and use it on the phone making calls etc and then request the unlock using the new Payg details but I understand your timeframe won't allow for that. Or instead use the payg as above so she can at least use the iPhone and then request the unlock. 

The iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code like other phone makes are, but instead is unlocked remotely via Apple and their Database.

The Vodafone Network typically lets a person know it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too)

Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Please Periodically insert an active Alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes. When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@jcotsen - I’m sorry to hear the issues you’re having with getting the phone unlocked.

As your brother in law has filled in the form and requested the phone to be unlocked, please ask him to contact us byfollowing the steps in this private message.