Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Apple watch cellular

nathanp
4: Newbie

So this is getting ridiculous now. 

Every day I have called up Vodafone to get my new apple watch setup with cellular to replace my old apple watch series 4.

Everyday they tell me that I just need to wait. I have given my eid number at least six times now. Have updated the portal as well. Each day my apple watch says you do not have a data plan. 

When I speak to a variety of people sometimes my old eid is in the system and they need to take it again to make it work. Then I need to wait 24 hours. They also say don't worry we  will call you with an update. 

This update call hasnt happened once. Have my pac code ready for a port over to ee if they can't fix by Monday. 

Thought I would try portal one last time. 

Any advice?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yes I see a few threads on the forum about this issue @nathanp 

One has a Members tutorial on what they did.iOS/Apple-Watch-Series-5-Migration.

As this needs account access which isn't available via this forum then only customer services can help.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams also have access and can be contacted via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

andycampbell82
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had exactly the same experience. Upgraded my phone and Vodafone can't updated the back end system. 

Have spent hours on the chat - false promises galore but the truth is no one knows what they're doing. 

ive asked for my PAC today - shame given I've been with Vodafone for years. 

Sorry I couldn't be more help but just to confirm the terrible service is commonplace. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd really love the chance to turn this around for you @andycampbell82 and help with connecting your new Apple Watch to your phone.

I hope it's not too late - please reach out to our team over on Facebook or Twitter and we can get to the bottom of this for you as well as resolve things as soon as possible.

and another.

I have been trying for 2 weeks now to pair my watch to the data plan.

After several account resets I can no longer log into the portal as it no longer recognises my user name.

Still no luck with connectiong the data plan, I have requested a PAC from vodafone, which has yet to appear after 24 hours, its a good job that I have the 3 hour transcript from the live chat to be able to give the ombusman to prove it was requested.

I have now used vodafones own terms and conditions to give them the requisit 31 days contract termination notice period due to there ineptitude.

"Please be aware and mark on file the following. I regard Vodafone’s current inability to supply me with the agreed contract terms to be not of a standard that any reasonable person would expect from a competent telecommunications provider and is therefore in breach of clause 3.1 of Vodafone’s own terms and conditions.Therefore, I herby give you 30 days’ notice, under clause 10.3(b) of Vodafone’s own terms and conditions that failure to rectify Vodafone’s current breach of the contract fully will result in termination of the contract by myself on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.Please note that should the contract be terminated because Vodafone has not rectified the contract breach then in line with clause 11.2 and 11.3 of Vodafone’s own terms and conditions no monies will be paid by myself in respect to the minimum term."

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mike_North If you still need any assistance with your Apple Watch or your PAC, please pop us a message over on Facebook or Twitter. Our team will then be happy to help with any queries you may still have. We'd hate to see you leave us so would also appreciate the opportunity to resolve things with your Watch for you.

Week 4.

visited the vodafone shop Saturday morning in Basingstoke and a very helpful chap called James looked at my problem with the iWatch, and low he fixed it and everything was going fine! the screen was now stating that the phone was trying to connect to the data plan, RESULT.  I contacted Vodafone live chat on Sunday morning to be told “Yes the order was there, and it would take another 24 hours to process”.

So eagerly I waited.  This morning I rebooted the phone and low and behold yes you have guessed it I am now back to “Set up mobile data” which the vodafone website will not allow me to do, so the saga continues back at square one.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We want to get this resolved for you! Were you able to reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook @Mike_North
If you have, please ensure you include your Community username and a link to your post - this will help me to track down your message :Thumbs_Up: