cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New iPhone 13 pro wifi immediately disconnects and data doesnt work for certain apps

willday5
1: Seeker

Received new iPhone 13 Pro today and transferred my old sim to the new phone and it shows that im connected to wifi but it doesnt actually allow me to use it and forces me onto my data. The data works but only for certain apps. I have tried all suggested solutions on their website and none of them work

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @willday5 

Is there an option to forget or delete the wifi credentials and set this up again on the phone.

A good process of elimination is yo see if this is the same when hooked onto another wifi connection.

One last resort could be to restore via iTunes and or seek support at an Apple Store Genius Bar.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @willday5 

Try resetting your network settings: settings > general > reset network settings, you will find this will reset your WiFi networks, passwords, data settings etc. Follow this with trying to make a WiFi connection using the WPS key on the side of the router.

As far a mobile data is concerned, synchronizing to itunes will download the carrier settings, also text WEB to 40127 to update the SIM on the network and download the settings.

Also further information from Apple here: If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network 

redpages

AnnS's suggestion worked for me when I had a similar problem recently. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

thisnameistaken
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Try turning off Data Assist in Settings (Settings>General>Mobile Data). Data assist automatically uses data when it deems the WiFi network connection to be poor, this could be why it forces you onto mobile data.