main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

OneNumber not working for my Apple Watch & Iphone 12

Skelts
2: Seeker

Just switched from 02 where my Cellular Watch & iPhone worked perfectly together or apart. Switched to Vodafone & after 2+ hours onto 191, still no cellular on my Watch despite having subscribed to OneNumber. When I try & link the phone with the watch via the Mobile Data Network option, I keep getting redirected to the Vodafone website saying ‘subscribe to OneNumber’. I have checked my account and OneNumber is subscribed and active. Seems the Vodafone network still thinks I need to subscribe to another OneNumber, despite me already having an active one. Any help greatly appreciated, I just can’t face another hour+ with 191. Might just go back to 02 where they seem to have this nailed! Thanks

View more options
11 REPLIES 11
WelshPaul
14: Advanced member

When did you add One Number to your plan and was it before or after you ported in? It could just be a case of waiting for Vodafone's back end systems to update and things will start to work.

View more options
Skelts

Thank you for this. I added the OneNumber a couple of days ago after I ported the number. The OneNumber has been ‘active’ on my account for almost 48 hours. Looking on the web, this seems to be a common issue with Vodafone despite Cellular watches being around for years. When with o2, the cellular watch worked from day 1.  So frustrating to spend hours trying to resolve what must be such a commonplace situation nowadays. 

View more options
Andy

Hi @Skelts 👋 This is something we would love the opportunity to take a further look at, as we have no account access here could you please contact our social team by following this link, and we will be happy to investigate the issues you have been facing.

View more options
Ian_G

Been struggling for two years with this problem. Vodafone customer care are useless to be honest, good luck spending hours upon hours on the phone with someone in another country. 
I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had to unpaid and paid my watch. 
I’ve given up

View more options
BEERISMYGOD
3: Seeker

im having the exact same issue, took the contract out last year so i could conenct my watch and still unable to. stuck in a endless support issue. spent 2 months on the online chat, 1 month on messenger and a couple weeks on the phone

View more options
foxyuk13

Vodafone are useless my one numbers ON HOLD.  Spent 5 hours on this every department is useless.    I  requesting early termination of my contract as they cannot fulfill a service I need 

been with them 10 years.  Pillar to post since yesterday 

View more options
Mark
Community Manager

Hey @foxyuk13 I'm disappointed to hear you had a poor service when contacting us about the problems with your One Number order. I'm sure we'll be able to get this sorted for you! As we'll need access to your account to do this, pop us private message through one of our social channels and we'll take a look.

View more options
BEERISMYGOD
3: Seeker

after 4 months my watch is paired, the issue was my account was not maintined properly on vodafones end and i was on a pay as you go profile instead of a pay monthly. it was only picked up when i rang the complaints phone number and a manager picked it up

View more options
foxyuk13

Nothing surprises me going to try a shop I found complaints a waste of time 

View more options
Ian_G

I’ve spent the last year “popping messages” to your social media accounts. 

countless hours on chat with all of the departments which all result in the same thing, someone will call me back, and they never do. 

View more options
Mark
Community Manager

This isn't good to hear @Ian_G. As our social team are a digital first support channel, we'd normally try to fix your issue through Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter at @VodafoneUK. If you pop us another message on any private conversation you've had with us, we'll be happy to pick this up and help you get your data service active and sync your watch with your phone.

View more options