Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Repairs

Jul28
2: Seeker

I sent my Ipad Air for screen repair to vodafone in box and envelope supplied by them. I checked the royal mail tracking and they have received. On the site for repairs I put the information and is not showing anything. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jul28 

I suspect the problem here is is your ipad has been received at the repair centre but has not yet been logged in for repair and is still in the queue. When this has been done the fault located and there is some information available, the status will be upgraded to let you know the charge (if any) or when you can expect to have the device returned to you.

I would give this until the beginning of the working week, the repair centre probably have a backlog, are short staffed and trying to work with social distancing making things slower than normal.

edited to add:  Vodafone provide this information from the website for Coronavirus recent events.  'We’ll contact you to let you know if your order or repair is impacted, and we’ll find the most appropriate solution for your order or repair to be completed.'

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

Try https://www.vodafone.co.uk/track-a-repair/ and Device-help-warranty-repair/Repairs @Jul28 

If no joy Live Chat  or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries will be able to help.

I'd suggest Twitter.

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I spoke to someone in live chat and he said they don't have access to repairs so he gave me a number. I called to that number and the person I spoke to said that they don not have my Ipad. I gave them the royal mail tracking numbar and he said that it was send to the Vodafone depot that he doesn't know when they are going to receive it.

BandOfBrothers

Has a signature been noted showing receipt of the iPad by the repair house ?

When is it showing that they received it.

Vodafone send items to a repair house hence the number given to you.

It may still be worth asking the Vodafone Social Media Teams as Vodafone still have a Duty of Care to look after you and the repair of your iPad. 

Just to add I would suggest if there is a next  time to approach Apple via an Apple Store as they typically repair in-house if the issue is covered under the manufacturing warranty.

Obviously when they re open due to the lockdown.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Jul28 

I suspect the problem here is is your ipad has been received at the repair centre but has not yet been logged in for repair and is still in the queue. When this has been done the fault located and there is some information available, the status will be upgraded to let you know the charge (if any) or when you can expect to have the device returned to you.

I would give this until the beginning of the working week, the repair centre probably have a backlog, are short staffed and trying to work with social distancing making things slower than normal.

edited to add:  Vodafone provide this information from the website for Coronavirus recent events.  'We’ll contact you to let you know if your order or repair is impacted, and we’ll find the most appropriate solution for your order or repair to be completed.'

BandOfBrothers

I see you've accepted a solution to your post of the issue of the iPad not showing as received by Vodafone to repair so may we now assume by this Vodafone have your iPad and this thread is closed @Jul28  ?

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Jul28

I spoke to Vodafone Repair department and they don't have a clue where my Ipad is.

They said that it was send to their depot and they don't know when they are going to receive it. 

how is possible when they were the ones that send me the envelope to send it to them.