Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

jayguevara
4: Newbie

Hi, 

Anyone know if vodafone will support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs? I know that vodafone has joined EE in supporting eSIMs in the Apple Watch 4, however there doesn't seem to be any information on whether that is the case with the new iPhone Xs. 

I travel a lot and would make my life so much easier if Vodafone did support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs! 

310 REPLIES 310

catean
10: Established
10: Established

We have some support for eSIM too :

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Getting-started-and-upgrading/Activate-a-new-SIM/1195049822/How-do-I-...

I think Vodafone will supporting from next week when 12.1 will activate it.

So the main difference is that it says choose your device.

Definately don’t get the option yet when you go to the site but I think you are right, I think 12.1 will be out this week/Friday. Unless the XR will ship with 12.0.1 and 12.1 comes out October 30th with the new iPads. 

@catean wrote:

We have some support for eSIM too :

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Getting-started-and-upgrading/Activate-a-new-SIM/1195049822/How-do-I-...

I think Vodafone will supporting from next week when 12.1 will activate it.

I have some further thought to this. 

I wonder if it hasn’t just changed and changed in September when the watch came out. I don’t have the watch so am unsure what appears when you do have a watch on the contract but it wouldn’t surprise me if you do then there is an option to select device already. Either phone, which would take you to normal SIM swap or Watch which would take you to esim. 

Can an anyone who has the watch take a screen shot of the screens?

Interestingly again Vodafone UK is showing maintenace to My Vodafone on the evening of the 30th to the monrning of the 31st, this coincides with a few a hours after the Apple event.

Maybe updates to esim!!!!

Reports circulating EE aren’t ready and their tests have failed. 

On the EE forum they all talking about Voda getting it before them but Voda still not on Apples list of supported carriers

So iOS 12.1 is now out to the public, anyone managed to activate their eSIM on their iPhone XS/XS Max/XR? Can't seem to find any news on eSIM support from Vodafone, perhaps its still too early! Just impatient me..... :Smiling:

@baz1536 Do you have the link to these rumours that EE tests have failed? 

Nothing new in myvodafone, so hopefuly the maintenance planned for tonight will bring some news.

@jayguevara wrote:

So iOS 12.1 is now out to the public, anyone managed to activate their eSIM on their iPhone XS/XS Max/XR? Can't seem to find any news on eSIM support from Vodafone, perhaps its still too early! Just impatient me..... :Smiling:

@baz1536 Do you have the link to these rumours that EE tests have failed? 

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Apple/eSim-when-will-EE-support-this-on-my-iPhone-XS/td-p/721310/page/...

As 12.1 has only been out for about an hour I suggest it is un reasonable to expect immediate support

Apparently over on their forum they are saying the following 

“As per another topic.  EE customer care are saying you can not swap to a esim in your current contract.

you have to take another line out with them.”