Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

jayguevara
4: Newbie

Hi, 

Anyone know if vodafone will support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs? I know that vodafone has joined EE in supporting eSIMs in the Apple Watch 4, however there doesn't seem to be any information on whether that is the case with the new iPhone Xs. 

I travel a lot and would make my life so much easier if Vodafone did support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs! 

310 REPLIES 310

1 person has said that based on a call to customer support on a product is not yet released and many of the staff are not trained on..  until the networks actually release the product it’s impossible to say what the will do

however if they don’t allow people to move from a contract sim to sim many will jump ship.. the same as I will do as I need to have dual sim, and it the only reason I changed from 1plus to the xs

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Until EE or Vodafone release any information I wouldn't believe anything anyone says.

Don’t think we will see this on Voda anytime soon. 

Apple carrier list updated yeaterday. No Vodafone. But all the US carriers now tagged with coming later this year. 

catean
10: Established
10: Established

MyVodafone is back and I can't see anything new related to eSIM  :Worried_Face: .

More carriers added. No more for the UK. 

SPAIN Voda and 2 other now added

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT209096

Given that Vodafone is a British company, it really is disheartening to see that its subsidiaries in Spain and Germany have already implemented eSIM's but here in the country of its headquarters we lag so far behind! We don't even have any information on the process and timeline of eSIM rollout let alone full implementation! 

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Each network is an individual entity and there is no connection between them other than the overall brand name. Also, the UK market is one of the company's least profitable so I'm not surprised that overseas markets have reacted more positively.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

@jeffkinn wrote:

Each network is an individual entity and there is no connection between them other than the overall brand name. Also, the UK market is one of the company's least profitable so I'm not surprised that overseas markets have reacted more positively.

Additionally to this Voda in other companies are normally the result of a network takeover. I think in Spain it was Airtel. The technology they are using maybe ahead of what UK are using thus it is live. 

Etisalad in the UAe launched some time ago. Stefano

Why do I keep seeing people saying that Vodafone were not listed as launch partners for eSIM.

Vodafone UK were listed as a launch partner and appeared on the Apple website - this has since been deleted and Vodafone claiming no knowledge of ever being listed - Customers were completely misled!