Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to receive OTP

Jallen2226
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I recently upgraded my handset to an iPhone 13 and moved from O2 to Vodafone. I was able to transfer all of my previous data and information over onto my new device, however, when setting up Banking Apps and Apps requiring dual factor authentication via SMS I have been unable to receive these messages.

I waited until after the first day of my new SIM had passed as recommended but it is still having the same issues. I wondered whether there is a setting I haven't found which is preventing texts from unknown numbers/senders from reaching me? The applications remember my contact number from before: [Removed]

Thanks,

Jack

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

1 REPLY 1

Effie

Hey @Jallen2226 I hope you're doing well! We need to take a look at the account so we can make sure all of the porting files have been received by us, we can also check that there are no bars and restrictions on your number. If everything looks good, we can then raise a case to the Networks team for them to investigate this further. As we have no account access over the Forum, please reach out to us over on Facebook at vodafone.uk/3K1e4GB or via Twitter at vodafone.uk/3nfdPyY