Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi calling gone missing on iPhone 5S

PhilBat
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, my wife uses an iPhone 5S which we transferred to a SIM only deal with Vodafone recently. We used to get WiFi calling with EE but now the option doesn’t even appear  In the iPhone menu. Vodafone tech support and the store say it shouldn’t be an issue and should work fine. The network settings have been checked for our number and WiFi calling is enabled, but there’s no way I can find to activate it on the phone. 
Any ideas ?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Looking at the Calling Over Wi-Fi pages that model of iPhone isn't listed as being supported by Vodafone @PhilBat 

Vodafone wi-fi-calling. although do read all the support notes in this link please.

This is some info I have on Calling Over Wi-Fi.

Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi. 

"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling

Text the word CALLING to 97888

This is a free text which will add the service to your account

You should receive the following confirmation text:

Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.

If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us

Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings

Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon

Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option

A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply @BandOfBrothers. When you say “ask the agent to force....” etc etc, where do I find the right guy to ask?

i have already done the text “CALLING” bit, and that is apparently set up. 

BandOfBrothers

Live Chat or one of the Agents on 191 should be able to help.

Obviously if your iPhone model which isn't in the eligible phone list will work on Vodafone Calling Over Wi-Fi. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Broker-Man
4: Newbie

This is the list of "iPhones" that are covered by Vodafone for "WiFi Calling":

iPhone – 11, 11Pro, 11Pro Max, XS, XS Max, XR, X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE

Yes, thanks @Broker-Man,

I’ve seen this list,. I queried it with tech support and our local Vodafone store, and they say it should still work ok. It certainly worked fine on EE.

Does anyone know why the IOS menu options are altered when you change carrier? The WiFi calling option has disappeared from the phone menu.

BandOfBrothers

When you insert a network sim that drives certain features to show or not show @PhilBat 

Current Phone  >