main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

WiFi calling

SOLVED
View solved solution
GFraser1973
3: Seeker

Hello

I’m looking at an iPhone 12 upgrade via Mobile Phones Direct on a vodaphone monthly contract.

Is there any reason I would not have access to WiFi calling?

Many thanks

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Because Apple make iOS only for iPhone's and iPad and no-one can add or remove things from it,  like android which is open sourced this is why Vodafone pretty much say Wi-Fi Calling should work regardless with an eligible iPhone model.

Android can have so many flavours to it this makes it harder to confirm whether it'll work fine or not.

I think you'll be good to go with your iPhone of choice although do check the independents Terms and Conditions and Cooling Off Period to be able to return it.

Vodafone provides a 14 day cooling off period @GFraser1973 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View solution in original position

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers

That iPhone is supported @GFraser1973 

From wi-fi-calling 

“ Take a look below at which devices support WiFi Calling and SMS over WiFi, when bought from us. Please note that phones bought from other UK telecom providers are unlikely to support our WiFi calling, with the exception of iPhones, which should work regardless.  

View more options
GFraser1973
3: Seeker

Thank you! It is the “should work” that worried me.....Will buy it;  have 14 days to return if not work. Will let you know. Thanks!

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Because Apple make iOS only for iPhone's and iPad and no-one can add or remove things from it,  like android which is open sourced this is why Vodafone pretty much say Wi-Fi Calling should work regardless with an eligible iPhone model.

Android can have so many flavours to it this makes it harder to confirm whether it'll work fine or not.

I think you'll be good to go with your iPhone of choice although do check the independents Terms and Conditions and Cooling Off Period to be able to return it.

Vodafone provides a 14 day cooling off period @GFraser1973 

View solution in original position

View more options