Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi calling

GFraser1973
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello

I’m looking at an iPhone 12 upgrade via Mobile Phones Direct on a vodaphone monthly contract.

Is there any reason I would not have access to WiFi calling?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Because Apple make iOS only for iPhone's and iPad and no-one can add or remove things from it,  like android which is open sourced this is why Vodafone pretty much say Wi-Fi Calling should work regardless with an eligible iPhone model.

Android can have so many flavours to it this makes it harder to confirm whether it'll work fine or not.

I think you'll be good to go with your iPhone of choice although do check the independents Terms and Conditions and Cooling Off Period to be able to return it.

Vodafone provides a 14 day cooling off period @GFraser1973 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That iPhone is supported @GFraser1973 

From wi-fi-calling 

“ Take a look below at which devices support WiFi Calling and SMS over WiFi, when bought from us. Please note that phones bought from other UK telecom providers are unlikely to support our WiFi calling, with the exception of iPhones, which should work regardless.  

Current Phone  >

Thank you! It is the “should work” that worried me.....Will buy it;  have 14 days to return if not work. Will let you know. Thanks!

Because Apple make iOS only for iPhone's and iPad and no-one can add or remove things from it,  like android which is open sourced this is why Vodafone pretty much say Wi-Fi Calling should work regardless with an eligible iPhone model.

Android can have so many flavours to it this makes it harder to confirm whether it'll work fine or not.

I think you'll be good to go with your iPhone of choice although do check the independents Terms and Conditions and Cooling Off Period to be able to return it.

Vodafone provides a 14 day cooling off period @GFraser1973 

Current Phone  >

Why don't phones not bought from Vodafone not work with Vodafone wifi calling?  Vodafone simply saying "unlikely to work" is just not good enough.   WHY?

Since Vodafone shut down the Sure Signal service, there has been no alternative to receive and make mobile phone calls in poor signal areas, if you dont like WhatsApp and your phone was not bought from Vodafone.   Why will wifi calling not work with phones not bought from Vodafone?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're using an iPhone @Alfordenergy, this will connect to our WiFi Calling service, no matter where it's been purchased. You may also be able to connect using an Android device purchased through a 3rd party or other network, but we're unable to guarantee this due to variations in the system software.