main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Wifi Calling App

PeterYetman
2: Seeker
I live in a house that has no cellphone signal and use wifi calling with great success. Occasionally due to atmospherics my phones pick up a very weak signal from the Mast and connect to it making calls untenable. The workaround for this is to use Airplane mode, which is fine until I leave the house and forget to switch it back. It would be very helpful if Vodafone could develop a small app to either block the mast signal from connecting when in Wifi Calling or to switch Airplane mode on and off depending on whether one is connected to the Wifif Calling Network. P
View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Evie

Hi there @PeterYetman - I appreciate that switching to airplane mode to ensure WiFi calling works isn't always the ideal solution. We'll take your comments onboard regarding a feature that could improve WiFi calling and feed this back internally. Thank you, stay safe 🌈

View more options
PeterYetman
2: Seeker

Thanks Eve, very kind of you.

P

View more options
chistery
15: Advanced member

Move to Android? 😀

Some Androids let you select "prefer wifi calling"  which would solve your problem.

If your phone is picking up a very weak signal, it should really stay on wifi calling though, but it thinks it's good enough for calls it seems.

View more options