Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling App

PeterYetman
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I live in a house that has no cellphone signal and use wifi calling with great success. Occasionally due to atmospherics my phones pick up a very weak signal from the Mast and connect to it making calls untenable. The workaround for this is to use Airplane mode, which is fine until I leave the house and forget to switch it back. It would be very helpful if Vodafone could develop a small app to either block the mast signal from connecting when in Wifi Calling or to switch Airplane mode on and off depending on whether one is connected to the Wifif Calling Network. P
3 REPLIES 3

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there @PeterYetman - I appreciate that switching to airplane mode to ensure WiFi calling works isn't always the ideal solution. We'll take your comments onboard regarding a feature that could improve WiFi calling and feed this back internally. Thank you, stay safe 🌈

Thanks Eve, very kind of you.

P

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Move to Android? 😀

Some Androids let you select "prefer wifi calling"  which would solve your problem.

If your phone is picking up a very weak signal, it should really stay on wifi calling though, but it thinks it's good enough for calls it seems.