Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

e SIM 2 iPhones ?

152bobby
4: Newbie

Hi,

My daughter goes to various festivals and the chance of her losing a top end iPhone 15 is high, so our back up plans have always been using another older iPhone, in this case a iPhone XR.

We used to just swap the SIM card from her current daily iPhone to the Festival iPhone XR, however, her daily user is a iPhone 15 with a e SIM.

Can someone explain the options ?

I have read that the XR also takes a e SIM and 2 e Sims can be used on the same number, but only on one phone at a time.

So, what do we do ? Is it a case of downloading a e SIM to the XR and she uses that and then after the festival, she just stops using the XR and go back to her iPhone 15 ?

She has a few festivals planned this year, so can she just go back and forth to each iPhone ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes @152bobby of course she can. Please bear in mind that it can take up to 24 hours for any changes she makes to complete, so would probably be advisable to request the change a couple of days before she goes, so she's sure it's switched over and working correctly.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @152bobby, you can't have the same number active on 2 phones at the same time. Your daughter would need to complete a SIM swap every time she'd like to change to her back up phone. You can find more information on doing this online.

So she can use the "move eSim to other device" just for the visits to festivals and then move it back to her proper daily phone ?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes @152bobby of course she can. Please bear in mind that it can take up to 24 hours for any changes she makes to complete, so would probably be advisable to request the change a couple of days before she goes, so she's sure it's switched over and working correctly.

152bobby
4: Newbie

Excellent, thanks for your help.👍

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

You're welcome @152bobby, I'm glad we were able to help. I hope your daughter enjoys the festivals she's going this summer.