Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

eSIM QR Code emails not being received

Kraven
4: Newbie

My understanding of the eSIM process, based off the information on the website

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/esim/activate-my-esim

"We’ll email you a QR code to help you activate your eSIM. Make sure you’re connected Wi-Fi, so you can receive emails. If you have a physical SIM it will stop working once your eSIM profile is generated."

My understanding :

1. Process can take up to 24hours to commence
2. eSIM profile is generated
3. Existing SIM is disabled (done within 15min)
4. QR code for eSIM mailed to user
5. eSIM activated on phone
6. eSIM transfer complete

I am stuck at step 4, with my phone now disconnected for 23 hours and the QR code not received.

Anyone else have anything like these issues ?

32 REPLIES 32

Let me try the same process again. 

Well... that worked. Thanks for the heads up. 

this is how the process SHOULD work. 

I had the same issue, the activation code was "Not_Set 

I presume that was the error!  I may try again but worried the downtime will be the same! 

@gs1982

The process was so quick second time around. Within 15 mins i was back active!

For me - my main SIM had been cut off on the Thursday and didn't go active until Sunday.  Clearly there was a technical hitch and it has been resolved.  I suppose we needed to be the 'guinea pigs' to resolve these teething problems!

I hope that it works well for everyone else!

Well, I've tried it again this morning, so fingers crossed! 

Text and email confirmation the sim swap is in process, and my physical sim has been deactivated!  I'll keep everyone posted. 

wow!  All done within minutes, much easier this time, looks they've sorted their issues out! 

I am still having the issue with no QR code email. Had no service for 5 days now and requesting the sim swap again doesn’t work. So it’s not been sorted 😕 And the people on web chat can’t help me.

I'd request a physical sim to be sent to you, or go to a Vodafone store and they'll give you one there and then. 

When I requested the esim the second time around, it worked a dream.  

I would definitely do that but I’m out of the country for 3 weeks (hence the reason why I wanted to switch) so they need to either resolve the eSIM email issue or reactivate my old sim. Reached out to the support team on Facebook this morning. 

Good luck!