Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

eSim Help

DavidMason27
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All

I am looking to run both my work and personal numbers off one iPhone. To do this my work number will use a normal sim and I am looking to port my personal number over to Vodafone for an eSIM.

In connection with the above - if I take out a Vodafone contract with a third party, for example carphonewarehouse, will I be able to convert the SIM they send me to an eSIM via the Vodafone website account settings, I think it's My Vodafone.
I ask because it is unclear to me if SIMs purchased via third parties actually give the account holder access to the account settings on My Vodafone and importantly if SIMs purchased this way are upgradeable to eSIMs.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

David

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I don't see any reason this won't work @DavidMason27 , it's an airtime contract with Vodafone and you will still have access to the same account information and Application.     Follow the information here:  eSIM help 

If there are any problems, live chat or Customer Services are there to help.  Altermatively, drop the Social Team a message here: Contact Us and they will help with the eSIM connection.

MMurran
1: Seeker

Hi David. Did you ever find out if the sim could be upgraded as I am in a similar situation. Cheers. Mark

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MMurran - thanks for posting. The information @AnnS gave above, is right in advising if the SIM deal you're taking out via a third party, then puts Vodafone as your Airtime provider, then you'll still have access and the same benefits to change to an eSIM