Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

eSim Missed Call Notifications

Dk1uk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I have a Vodafone pay monthly personal contract and a Vodafone business contract with my employer. Now that dual sim is supported by Vodafone in the UK, I’d like to take advantage of carrying one device instead of two.

Question: I read on Apple’s website that if I’m on a call on one sim, I won’t get a missed  notification to my other number. I accept that my phone won’t show a missed call in the call history, but will I get a so 
called “slam down” text message notifying me of the missed call?

For info I’m in the UK with an iPhone XS.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

simax
14: Advanced member

Correct unless you set up iMessage on both lines then iMessages will still come through whilst on a call.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hello,

So yes - when you're talking on one sim, the other loses signal meaning incoming calls will go to voicemail.

So if you have slam down notifications set up then you would receive these when your phone picks up signal again (same way you do if you suddenly go through a black spot signal wise).

Thanks for that. Just to confirm then, when I’m on a call, the other SIM is effectively off, so I won’t receive texts or WhatsApps etc., until I end the call on the other line?

simax

I’ve had my Vodafone line on e-sim and my company EE sim in the slot. What I’ve done is set up a “Divert all calls” from my EE line to my Vodafone number so even if I’m on a personal call and someone rings my work number I’ll still get a call waiting notification mid-call. I can then still choose which line I use for outbound or for data use depending on coverage etc.

It won’t work for everyone as in my instance anyone calling my work EE number that I don’t answer will go to my Vodafone voicemail but that’s not a huge concern for me. Just thought I’d share.

Thanks for sharing, but even if you get a call waiting notification, it shows that it’s your other number calling (as opposed the the contact who is calling your other number)?

What I want is to know whether I have missed a call (and from who) on my other number. 

simax

The caller ID of the original caller passes through, so you still know who it is who’s ringing 🙂

Thanks that’s great to know. I presume that SMS and WhatsApp won’t come through from Sim2 until he call in Sim1 has ended?

simax

Correct unless you set up iMessage on both lines then iMessages will still come through whilst on a call.