Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

eSim QR code - Phone or watch?!

NickE92
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had the long awaited notification that my iPhone 14 pro max and Apple watch ultra were being shipped today. I also got an email with a QR code for an eSim to activate tomorrow, but I'm not sure which device this will be for, watch or phone.

Do new iPhones come with an eSim as standard now?

I opted for the one number connectivity plan, but on my account I can see a separate number for the watch, I assume this is normal?

5 REPLIES 5

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @NickE92 👋 I love the excitement of a new phone! 

Is this an upgrade or a new connection? Does the email show the number it's associated to?

For an upgrade you can just continue to use your existing SIM (and disregard the email) and for a new connection, you'd only have been sent this email if you selected  the eSIM either online, in store or over the phone, depending where you placed the order. 

The Apple Watch does have an eSIM and this would need to be activated once you get it - you can follow these Setting Up Your Smart Watch steps. This does show as a separate number on your bill, which is the one attached to your OneNumber Connectivity Plan

You can check more information on eSIMs on our support page 🙂 

Hi,

This is for a new connection for both an Apple watch and an iPhone but the email doesn't state which one the SIM is for so that's why I'm a little confused 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know @NickE92 👍 It sounds like this will be for your Apple Watch then and a physical SIM will be sent with your phone.

What we can do is take a look at your original order and check it for you - please just drop my team a message via social media

When you send us a message on Facebook or Twitter you'll be presented with some automated options and you'll just need to pick Get Started > Message an advisor - and if you include a link to your post you won't need to explain things again 🙂 

Really appreciate the help with this Thankyou! 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

My pleasure @NickE92, if you do need anything else just let me know. 

You can also find lots of helpful hints and tips on our Getting Started page - welcome aboard 🚢