Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6 set up

MandyE
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
When I upgraded my phone to iPhone 6 last week, I asked the store to transfer my contacts,photos etc from my iphone4s. Somehow during the setup process, they have also transferred all contacts that are on my husbands iPhone 5s!! (We are both registered on the same iTunes account cos I thought that would be simpler when I set it up a couple of years ago!) I went through my phone and deleted all his work related numbers that I wouldn't need, and then discovered it had also deleted them from his phone (big problem!) Also, any iMessages to me are also being sent to his iPhone (although he is on a different network) I'm very confused and don't know where to go with this!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If you have 2 different iPhones in use by 2 different people, you need to have 2 separate iTunes accounts.  As you have discovered, if you don't have 2 accounts, what you do on one handset will affect the other. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

drey_p

Hi there

If you have 2 different iPhones in use by 2 different people, you need to have 2 separate iTunes accounts.  As you have discovered, if you don't have 2 accounts, what you do on one handset will affect the other. 

PWIAC

We have both shared the same iTunes account for the last 3 years - I've had iphone4s with Vodafone, and he has had 4s and 5s with "3" - it's never been an issue before. It looks as if it's the set up process - you can deselect the numbers and email addresses for contact. If that had been done correctly, it would have worked with the one iTunes account.

Getafix

You can have multiple Apple products on same account.

I have had iPods both classic and touch with iPhones as well.

Regarding contacts, you can set each device to sync with iCloud. If you don't need the contact on both phone you will need to specify that.

Regarding iMessage you have to change the setting on your phone. You need to add your phone to the Apple ID and then you select the one in that phone. I have iMessage with iPod using my email.